Motherboard= Evga Z590 Dark 1.07 bios
GPU= RTX3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper
Memory=Corsair Dom [email protected] CL14 Gear 1
CPU Super Silicon Sample 11900K bare die
CPU Block= Optimus Signature V2 Nickel
Radiator= Alphacool Nexxxos 1,080x45
Pump 1= EKWB D5 quantum Interia
Pump 2= Alphacool VPP755 V3 “D5ish”
Fans= (9) Arctic 2,100RPM (2.75MM Static pressure)
Waterchiller= AACH50 1/2HP
PSU= EVGA 1300 G+ W/ C19 cable

Waterchiller runs daily set to a nice easily attainable 58F liquid temperature. it kicks on about every 3-5 minutes, and runs for usually 30 seconds at a time.

This is a cooling setup I have always dreamed of. Its really fun. This system can already keep up with ridiculously low temps without the chiller, but I wanted the water chiller for that extra oomph during those hot summer months.
Purple Bicycle handlebar Gadget Audio equipment Computer hardware

Blue Electrical wiring Electricity Audio equipment Workwear

Home appliance Electronic instrument Cat Gadget Gas

Electronic instrument Computer Audio equipment Computer hardware Gadget
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Computer hardware

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Shoe Arm Leg Automotive tire Finger

Light Audio equipment Computer hardware Gadget Electronic instrument

Automotive design Wood Floor Flooring Armrest

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice! Are you going to put the PC in a case?
Fans: take a look at the ASUS XF 120, really quiet and more static pressure, expensive.
Warning about the Optimus: since its so close to the copper fins, it will clog-up on a regular basis; take apart and clean it every 3 months. If you have a flow meter, it will tell you when its time for a cleaning.
Are you using heat-exchanger coils? How is your coolant cooled?

• Rep+
Reactions: GenkiM

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mouth-wateringly cool (y)

You don't need active cooling on your RAM?
Thats just the way Corsair DOM looks, just air cooled naturally

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey @tps3443, is your Dark Z590 faster than the X299 boards?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, really...?! My G.Skill needs active cooling, or it gets to 50c and crashes the system.
g.skill ram? It runs as hot as a dog. Corsair Dom Platz run super cool. sub 40C even through stability testing long term with 1.6V. no need for active cooling.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow, really...?! My G.Skill needs active cooling, or it gets to 50c and crashes the system.
I have G.Skill elite and it never goes over 35 C. I have it set at the XMP values so no worries for me. These RAM are too nice to put water cooling on them

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nice! Are you going to put the PC in a case?
Fans: take a look at the ASUS XF 120, really quiet and more static pressure, expensive.
Warning about the Optimus: since its so close to the copper fins, it will clog-up on a regular basis; take apart and clean it every 3 months. If you have a flow meter, it will tell you when its time for a cleaning.
Are you using heat-exchanger coils? How is your coolant cooled?
This water chiller is like an air conditioner. it uses a compressor, and a massive evaporator coil. It can cool around 800 watts sustained.

Electrical wiring Gas Automotive design Auto part Machine

Material property Automotive lighting Wood Gas Toy

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Wood Gas Bag Rectangle Hardwood

Automotive tire Vehicle door Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
505 Posts
This water chiller is a air conditioner. it uses a compressor, and a massive evaporator coil. It can cool around 800 watts sustained.
Ah, so if I put a fridge in my office, I could run some copper coils in the freezer part and cool my PC even more, hmm

·
Registered
227 Posts
g.skill ram? It runs as hot as a dog. Corsair Dom Platz run super cool. sub 40C even through stability testing long term with 1.6V. no need for active cooling.
Omg, those heat-spreaders must be something else. :oops:
I have G.Skill elite and it never goes over 35 C. I have it set at the XMP values so no worries for me. These RAM are too nice to put water cooling on them
Mine's fine at XMP, but when I start overvolting and overclocking, it defo needs active cooling.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With low voltage, and normal usage, yes 35c sounds about right.

However, when I referred to under 40C max, I am running 1.650V to run ram and full on memory stability test for 6-8 hours with maximum ram usage.

Memory is sensitive, especially when it gets above 45C or even 50C it’s going to start spitting out errors. This is why water cooling ram is important. I had a 4x8GB G.Skill 4000CL15 set previously. This was a $500 dollar set of memory. It ran very toasty!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Omg, those heat-spreaders must be something else. :oops:
Mine's fine at XMP, but when I start overvolting and overclocking, it defo needs active cooling.
The heat spreaders are absolutely something else! I was in disbelief when I first tested them. Very very good cooling. This is why the Corsair Dominator Platinums have remained mostly unchanged all these years.

This memory is 3600 CL14 @1.45V, I can run it at 4000 CL14-13-13-28-230 with 1.700V and it laughs at me.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Check this for another opinion on the Dominator Heat Sink vs plain.

Doesnt matter it is DDR5 still translates the message.

Short cut to 6:25 for answer

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ah, so if I put a fridge in my office, I could run some copper coils in the freezer part and cool my PC even more, hmm
I know some people build their own, which is fantastic. However, this unit is specifically designed to chill warm water down. I have always wanted one, but they’re really expensive. 1/2HP chiller is around $750-$800 and then you’ve got your shipping cost on top of that, adapters. additional tubing and things like that. I managed to find a really good deal which is the only reason I have one.

This is a review of my chiller under another brand name “Same Unit”. They are essentially the same thing today.

Waterchillers are incredible. You’ve literally got a system that can sustain the coldest temps, and it
makes even the best custom loops just look pale in comparison.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@bscool

You can swap the heat spreader and drastically reduce temps on memory. Trust me, there is a huge difference. I have seen hot ram go from 45C to 33C with just a heatspreader swap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts