·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Specs:
  • 122 x 67 x 11 mm, 157g
  • Powered by Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon Processor
  • Comes with Windows Mobile 6.5
  • Capable of running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  • Capable of running Windows Phone 7
  • GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 1700 / 2100 (T-mobile USA Version)
  • GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 900 / 2100 (European Version)
  • GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 850 / 2100 (Australian Version)
  • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • GPS
  • 4.3" TFT capacitive touchscreen
  • 576 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM (T-Mobile USA Version)
  • 448 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM (European/Australian Version)
  • microSD support for up to 32GB**
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Accelerometer
**Please note that the Windows Phone 7 os is really picky at what sd card you have so not all sd cards may work.

Reviews:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/25/htc-hd2-review/
http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-33975968.html
http://pocketnow.com/review/t-mobile-htc-hd2
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HTC-HD2-Review_id2322
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HT...-Review_id2436

Owners List:
- caffeinescandal - running Windows Phone 7
- akromatic - running Windows Mobile 6.5
- dinet - running energy rom
- SupaSupra - running Android 2.3 Gingerbread

I didnt see an HD2 club so I figured I'd start it. This phone really is a beast and has lots of potential. HTC said at first that this phone would be upgraded from windows phone 7 but "button restrictions" prevented it from happening. That didnt stop people though. Thanks to countless developers (cotulla, Team DFT, & dcordes just to name a few) we have Android, Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile 6.5 and even meego and ubuntu running on the phone.

To join, just post here and say what OS you are currently running on the phone. Post a pic too if you can.
I'll post a pic of mine in a bit.

Need information on how to mod/tweak/hack your hd2? You can find almost everything you need here. Please make sure to read twice before attempting to do anything, and of course overclock.net and xda-developers.com is not responsible if you or someone you know bricks your hd2.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO android is pretty stable. I did use it for a few months before the Windows Phone 7 hack came out. I was using mainly using froyo and gingerbread, and both are pretty stable. Now I'm on Windows Mobile 7 and my only problem is that the camera doesnt focus like real Windows Phone 7 devices.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinescandal;12027578
IMO android is pretty stable. I did use it for a few months before the Windows Phone 7 hack came out. I was using mainly using froyo and gingerbread, and both are pretty stable. Now I'm on Windows Mobile 7 and my only problem is that the camera doesnt focus like real Windows Phone 7 devices.
The auto focus issue is prevalent throughout all Android builds (I think).

Currently testing out MDJ's CyanogenMod 7 v2.4. I may keep it as my daily driver unless Gauner1986 releases an update to his Sense HD build that improves speed.

I really want to test out Ubuntu Linux on my phone but that'll have to wait until I send in my SD card to HTC for repair or replacement.

I almost forgot to mention MAGLDR 1.12 is out. I haven't noticed any improvements or the integration of a recovery mode (which I think was supposed to be included in this version).

Sent from my HTC HD2

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by i n f a m o u s;12028358
The auto focus issue is prevalent throughout all Android builds (I think).
Actually autofocus was working when I was using android, i was using tytung's "NexusHD2-Froyo" & "NexusHD2-Gingerbread" and didnt have any major problems. Im currently using Windows Phone 7 and that one has the autofocus issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i n f a m o u s;12028358
I almost forgot to mention MAGLDR 1.12 is out. I haven't noticed any improvements or the integration of a recovery mode (which I think was supposed to be included in this version).
Yeah I think the main change is the support of wp7. I have magldr 1.12 and running windows phone 7. runs pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNet;12028379
a bit too late?

oh i do have a question tho
Any point flashing it to wp7?
Yeah I know, the hd2's been out for a while now I thought the club definately existed. Apparently I was wrong. I couldnt find an hd2 club here.

Well tbh there really isnt a point in flashing wp7. I like the simplicity of the OS. I just flashed it for the fun of it. The only issues I see is like i said the camera issue.

btw, do you guys want to be added to the club?

·
Premium Member
7,040 Posts
Wait, you have Windows mobile7 on the hd2? Maybe I should sell my desire and switch to it (telstra has a pretty good plan on it), Android and WM7 would be pure win.

Sent using tapatalk. Get over it

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinescandal;12028944
Well tbh there really isnt a point in flashing wp7. I like the simplicity of the OS. I just flashed it for the fun of it. The only issues I see is like i said the camera issue.

btw, do you guys want to be added to the club?
So it doesn't have any major improvements over 6.5?
Got energy rom right now, can't say it's bad, customization it provides is just great. Only the itch of something new is bugging me to try wp7.

Add if you wish, i don't give about these clubs
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I've got a HD2 running Gingerbread from NAND. It's the T-Mobile version. I'm still looking for a mod where when you press the red key to lock the phone, it shuts the screen off like a T.V.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Wait, Live services are working on the HD2 with WP7? You can download apps?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiNet
View Post

Got energy rom right now, can't say it's bad, customization it provides is just great. Only the itch of something new is bugging me to try wp7.

Yeah. The main difference between 6.5 and phone 7 is the hackability of the OS. Windows Phone 7 isnt that "hacker friendly" as 6.5 and its really limited. I like the simplicity of the OS though tbh, and i think this is a good OS for people who dont give a hoot about flashing different roms and whatnot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupaSupra
View Post

I've got a HD2 running Gingerbread from NAND. It's the T-Mobile version. I'm still looking for a mod where when you press the red key to lock the phone, it shuts the screen off like a T.V.

Im pretty sure you have to enable lock on power in the settings somewhere. No actually Im pretty sure its in the settings somewhere. When I was running Gingerbread, it always locks on power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

Wait, Live services are working on the HD2 with WP7? You can download apps?

Yep I have live services running, Xbox Live works and Market too.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Interesting. I was thinking of picking up an HD2 when they got those working, just to try the OS out. Might do it if I can find an HD2 for ~$150 in the next few months.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by caffeinescandal
View Post

Yeah. The main difference between 6.5 and phone 7 is the hackability of the OS. Windows Phone 7 isnt that "hacker friendly" as 6.5 and its really limited. I like the simplicity of the OS though tbh, and i think this is a good OS for people who dont give a hoot about flashing different roms and whatnot.

Must have for me is cookie home tab editor
And setting gAlarm as default.
That's kinda all that i need/use from those custom roms.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

Interesting. I was thinking of picking up an HD2 when they got those working, just to try the OS out. Might do it if I can find an HD2 for ~$150 in the next few months.

Well if your going to get a phone just for Windows Phone 7, might as well grab an official Windows Phone 7 device. You should go to the store and play around with the Windows Phones there. Android on the other hand is really good on the HD2, i like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiNet
View Post

Must have for me is cookie home tab editor
And setting gAlarm as default.
That's kinda all that i need/use from those custom roms.

Yeah these are the applications I'd use too. + pimbackup.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by caffeinescandal
View Post

Well if your going to get a phone just for Windows Phone 7, might as well grab an official Windows Phone 7 device. You should go to the store and play around with the Windows Phones there. Android on the other hand is really good on the HD2, i like it.

HD2= $200 or so

Any WP7 device=$550+

That's why I would only buy it on the HD2 at this point. I already have an android phone, and am not signing another contract. I can see using the HD2 as like an MP3 player/toy. Still not convinced if it's worth it even at HD2 prices, we'll see.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got my hands on an HD2. I'm wondering what is the best andriod rom currently floating around? Also, I'm looking to unlock it from T-Mobile. If I install a custom rom first can I still use an unlocking website to unlock the phone from T-Mobile? If you know a good/cheap site to unlock with let me know.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinescandal;12044505

Im pretty sure you have to enable lock on power in the settings somewhere. No actually Im pretty sure its in the settings somewhere. When I was running Gingerbread, it always locks on power.

Yep I have live services running, Xbox Live works and Market too.
Yeah, I found how to make it unlock, and lock that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake18;12151820
Got my HD2 running MDJ's Cyanogen mod.
Same here. Great mod.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts