1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get this official?
Nexus One Owners Club
google.com/phone

Post when you bought it and the memory card you've installed!

Owners list:
  • hackm0d - June 2010 - Sandisk 16GB Class 2
  • flak4 - June 2010 - Kingston 8GB
  • sti-06 - June 2010 - Sandisk 16GB Class 2
  • Sparky79 - February 2010 - Sandisk 8GB
  • bloke226 - April 2010 - Transcend 8GB Class 6
  • BigJeebz - May 2010 - Kingston 8GB Class 4
  • Tech-Boy - June 2010 - Sandisk 4GB Class 2
  • PrinceDwi - May 2010 - Sandisk 4GB Class 2

No hate/spam/whining posts. Keep it clean and keep the discussions friendly.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Specifications:
  • 1GHz Qualcomm QSD8250 "Snapdragon"
  • Adreno 200 Graphics Core with OpenGLES 2.0
  • 512 MB RAM, upto 32GB microSDHC cards
  • 3.7" 800*480 Samsung PenTile RGBG AMOLED display @ 254 ppi (effective subpixel RBG resolution of 392*653)
  • Synaptics ClearPad 2000 capactive touchscreen w/ multitouch gesture support
  • 5 megapixel autofocus camera unit with single LED flash
  • BMA150 3-axis accelerometer
  • Capella CM3602 proximity and ambient light sensors
  • AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor (compass/magnetometer)
  • AK8973 Orientation sensor (compass/magnetometer)
  • Audience A1026 noise-cancellation processor w/ dual external microphones
  • Broadcom BCM4329 w/ Bluetooth 2.1+EDR+A2DP and 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless capability
  • 1400 mAh Lithium-Ion battery
  • 4-conductor TRRS 3.5mm stereo headset jack
  • microUSB port
  • Android 2.1 shipping, Android 2.2 verified and ready
  • Aluminium unibody with plastic teflon-coated panelling.
  • Two tone finish (bronze and brown)
  • Dimensions: 119mm x 59.8mm x 11.5mm (4.7" x 2.35" x 0.45") @ 130g (4.6 oz)

Quick tip:
The capacitive buttons on the front aren't unresponsive, as reviews claim them to be. The actual sensitive button areas are located between the icons of the buttons and the screen's lower border. Press there and the buttons will respond every time. I've gotten used to it and they work brilliantly.

Resources:The Story of the Nexus One:Downloadable Content (playable on the device itself):Signature:

Code:
Code:
[CODE]
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/mobile-phones-smartphones-pocket-pcs/767125-unofficial-nexus-one-owners-club.html"][IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/1sftkg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/CODE]

·
Registered
565 Posts

not really a nexus one, but the european cousin, the htc desire.
im using a froyo nexus one rom anyway :)

i love how customizable android is <3

·
Registered
706 Posts
Add me!

Absolutely beautiful phone. I'm running stock Android 2.2 FRF85B. The new browser is incredible. It's actually FUN browsing the Internet on the phone now. I can spend hours laying on the couch just reading. Not a hint of lag on regular javascript pages with light Flash. Flash-laden pages can show some sluggishness, however. In-browser Flash video playback is definitely a pleasure.

Nexus One on Android 2.1 was good. It was no super-phone by any means. Now, with 2.2, it's exactly that. The first thing I noticed about Android 2.2 is how incredibly fast it is. The ONLY complaint I have with Android now is the lack of an equalizer for the music player. Not a deal breaker for me.

Make no mistake - the phone is several months old now. But it hasn't aged a single day. It was this or the iPhone 4. I'm confident I made the right decision. As much as I want to see that IPS display in person, with all the negative PR Apple is getting at the moment, I think the best move is to wait for Apple to fix their mistakes. Despite it being months old, it still rivals the iPhone 4 in many; if not all, departments.

The AMOLED screen is absolutely stunning. The black levels will catch your eye from the get-go. There is a very subtle solid black border around the phone display. The black on the display literally melts into the edging. You couldn't tell where the edge of the display is. Colours are also very beautiful on this display.

I've seen a lot of controversy surrounding the PenTile pixel configuration. Some say there is a pink tint when viewing an all-white background. Others say the colours are not as natural. As per reviewers of the device, PenTile configures each pixel with one large red or blue subpixel and a smaller green subpixel, as oppose to all three colours in a single pixel. I own other devices with OLED screens - Nokia N86 and Zune HD. I use these devices just as often as the Nexus One and I can tell you from personal experience that the PenTile pixel configuration does NOT hamper your viewing experience. The Nexus One and the Zune HD side by side (despite the resolution difference), you couldn't tell the difference in colour or contrast.

I own the version with the AT&T radios. Using the phone in Canada on Rogers network. Using the Speedtest app, in the area where I live, I manage to pull a consistent 3.0 Mbps download and up to 1.4 Mbps upload.

At the unlocked price; the phone is worth every penny. This is my first foray into the world of Android. I've owned many Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry OS and iPhone's before. Haven't looked back. Not once.

~ To OP - thanks for the tip on the capacitive soft keys under the display. You're completely right!

I have an 8GB Kingston MicroSDHC card installed but nothing on it at the moment.

Edit: June 2010 here as well! Running stock Android 2.2.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalty View Post

not really a nexus one, but the european cousin, the htc desire.
im using a froyo nexus one rom anyway :)

i love how customizable android is <3
haha I'll see if I can expand this into a desire club, you can also join the HTC club.

and whoa, do you have the metamorph for that black status bar?
and how'd you get the extended power widget transparent, which I presume that is?
btw here's mine:

Attachment 162616

Quote:

Originally Posted by flak4 View Post
Add me!

At the unlocked price; the phone is worth every penny. This is my first foray into the world of Android. I've owned many Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry OS and iPhone's before. Haven't looked back. Not once.

~ To OP - thanks for the tip on the capacitive soft keys under the display. You're completely right!

I have an 8GB Kingston MicroSDHC card installed but nothing on it at the moment.

Edit: June 2010 here as well! Running stock Android 2.2.
List updated. You're in.
btw I have the same thoughts as you, never looked back after Android.
You'll uncover even more possibilites when you root your phone and install a custom ROM. See the screenshot above for an example.
I'm not doing Froyo atm because of the makers of my custom ROM releasing a Froyo ready version. I guess the characteristic N1 OTA updates is what you lose when you install a custom ROM.
LL

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sti-06
View Post

please add me to the list. proud owner here!

Mind giving the details?

ROM, microSD, when you bought it?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
sti-06 - June 2010 - RodriguezStyle v3.2 - Sandisk 16GB microSDHC Class 2

Edit: My bad didnt see the rules at first.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem, you're in.

btw everybody bought theirs in June? Guess my timing wasn't wrong then

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hackm0d View Post
No problem, you're in.

btw everybody bought theirs in June? Guess my timing wasn't wrong then

haha yeah ordered mine on June 3rd to be exact.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sti-06 View Post
haha yeah ordered mine on June 3rd to be exact.
Well I hope this doesn't stagnate on forums somewhere and has a long shelf life, like the N900 and the HD2, which just recently got Android and Ubuntu builds.

Edit: Putting up some nice downloadable content, check it out in the second post.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ill join, running FRF91 stock 2.2, bought it in Feb-2010, 8GB Sandisk microSDHC and have loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
List updated, one downloadable video up.

The only problems I guess I have with my N1 are the battery life (the worst I've ever seen on a modern smartphone) and the multitouch sensor. Not only does the phone not fit in my tiny hands, I can't reach "1" in the dialer since part of my palm is touching the bottom-right corner of the screen when I do press it, and the touch isn't recognized. I have to shift my grip just to reach "1" =|

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
bloke226 - April - FRF85B Kang-o-rama .9SP2 - Transcend 8GB SDHC class 6

Other information: Boxwave crystal clear case, running Launcher Pro, battery life is good for me: get about 24-36 hours on days I don't work since my work building blocks a lot of my cell signal so I get 1 bar 80% of the time and no signal the rest.

Also I think current ROM isn't that useful to post in the "list" since updates come out very frequent for these ROMs. Also I like to bounce between manup, cyanogen, kang-o-rama for their ROMs.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I managed 2 days and 11 hours on a single charge (9% left). But that's with widgets turned off, live wallpapers turned off and no running apps except the browser.

Light usage though - calls, texts, music and 3G browsing. The stock Froyo browser is very fast. No more opera for me.

With widgets and using other apps brings battery life to a day or less.

Edit: Forgot - I have Gmail push and Microsoft Exchange push (two accounts). Don't know how much this affects battery life, though.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I do about 20-40min calls, quite a bit of SMS and e-mail, couple hours of web browsing, some games, bit of N1 Torch
and I get a solid 24hours, lighter use gets me to 36hours. Also when I can, I'm on WiFi. I don't use live wallpapers, I have about 6-8 widgets, but not sure how significantly they drain battery.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hackm0d
View Post

List updated, one downloadable video up.

The only problems I guess I have with my N1 are the battery life (the worst I've ever seen on a modern smartphone) and the multitouch sensor. Not only does the phone not fit in my tiny hands, I can't reach "1" in the dialer since part of my palm is touching the bottom-right corner of the screen when I do press it, and the touch isn't recognized. I have to shift my grip just to reach "1" =|

I was experiencing the same issue as u are. I was down to %30-40 before end of a work day. So I went ahead and ordered a back up battery, it turned out that my original battery was not performing as it shud.

Because I am using the new battery and as of now, 26hrs and 20 mins since I unplugged it and still have %44 battery left. Fancy widget is running, along with Power Controls and 3G on at all times.

So, call up HTC/google and tell them u need a new battery. It is covered under warranty and you dont need to send your old battery back!

Edit: Here is the number: 1-888-48-NEXUS (63987)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sti-06 View Post
I was experiencing the same issue as u are. I was down to %30-40 before end of a work day. So I went ahead and ordered a back up battery, it turned out that my original battery was not performing as it shud.

Because I am using the new battery and as of now, 26hrs and 20 mins since I unplugged it and still have %44 battery left. Fancy widget is running, along with Power Controls and 3G on at all times.

So, call up HTC/google and tell them u need a new battery. It is covered under warranty and you dont need to send your old battery back!

Awesome info on the battery situation. I might do it just for the extra battery. Everyone seems to complain about it and seems like your battery is better than mine!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloke226
View Post

bloke226 - April - FRF85B Kang-o-rama .9SP2 - Transcend 8GB SDHC class 6

Other information: Boxwave crystal clear case, running Launcher Pro, battery life is good for me: get about 24-36 hours on days I don't work since my work building blocks a lot of my cell signal so I get 1 bar 80% of the time and no signal the rest.

Also I think current ROM isn't that useful to post in the "list" since updates come out very frequent for these ROMs. Also I like to bounce between manup, cyanogen, kang-o-rama for their ROMs.

Sigh, I wish mine was that good. I get a max of 9 hours with just a few widgets (Fancy widget, System Info, JuicePlotter, SwitchPro, IP Address, Lamppu, Twitter) and some light browsing here and there, mostly connected to WiFi, and daily texts and SMSes as per my usual routine. I have no 3G access, only EDGE.
Thought about the ROM bit, you're right.
Removed, no longer a requirement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flak4
View Post

I managed 2 days and 11 hours on a single charge (9% left). But that's with widgets turned off, live wallpapers turned off and no running apps except the browser.

Light usage though - calls, texts, music and 3G browsing. The stock Froyo browser is very fast. No more opera for me.

With widgets and using other apps brings battery life to a day or less.

Edit: Forgot - I have Gmail push and Microsoft Exchange push (two accounts). Don't know how much this affects battery life, though.

Same, I'm using GMail push too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloke226
View Post

I do about 20-40min calls, quite a bit of SMS and e-mail, couple hours of web browsing, some games, bit of N1 Torch
and I get a solid 24hours, lighter use gets me to 36hours. Also when I can, I'm on WiFi. I don't use live wallpapers, I have about 6-8 widgets, but not sure how significantly they drain battery.

I have pretty much the same usage pattern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sti-06
View Post

I should call this, and they'll ship me a new battery? Sweet.
I may have a defective battery, don't know, since while charging from AC the thing gets uncomfortably hot to touch. The temperature meter showed 43.5°C and I couldn't hold it for long.
Do they ship internationally though? I'm in Pakistan.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts