Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVerge.co.uk

Microsoft has just unveiled a new look and feel to its corporate logo. Following 25 years from its first introduction, this is the first major Microsoft logo change in the company's history. The new logo includes a multicolored symbol that's typically found on the company's Windows products. Speaking to The Seattle Times, Microsoft's Jeff Hansen reveals that the new logo is designed to "signal the heritage but also signal the future - a newness and freshness."
Source

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
ew so boring

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
:::Sigh:::

They are going absolutely mad with this Metro thing.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Please don't lynch me but I like it...

·
MegaTechPC
19,220 Posts
Wow.........er, very creative.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I actually like it a lot and to me it does exactly what he is going for. Its not the standard windows window which makes me think more than just windows and its very clean and more updated than the old one. I think they did a good job. Microsoft doesn't need a crazy logo to garner attention they wanted an update that portrays a few things and I think they did a great job.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Hey look someone turned the Chrome logo into a square
tongue.gif

·
Registered
199 Posts
It sucks compared to the old one. Was this window thing really necessary? They at least could've kept the connection between the o and the s in Microsoft.
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
the logo needs depth, a little embossing and shadow would make it pop.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strap624 View Post

the logo needs depth, a little embossing and shadow would make it pop.
The Microsoft Store logo looks a lot better. It has the lines which make look a bit better.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Haha, Stanley tha Manly was about to drink a big cup of Metro
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The icon looks too plain to me, it reminds me of that Google did with their Chrome icon.

new-google-chrome-logo-old-google-chrome-logo-before-and-after.jpg

1 - 20 of 186 Posts