Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 551 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Windows 8 Protest Group
And Server 2012 Too!!

Welcome to the Windows 8 Protest Group! I, like many, am a huge supporter of Microsoft and have used their Operating Systems for years and even through the years of Vista, looked foward and knew there was something better. However that hope is now failing me as I see Windows 8.

Microsoft has done many things to aggravate their numerous customers and users. With Windows 8 comes their attempt to shut out linux with their Secure Boot Technology. They also trying to tie us to the Internet more and more with Windows 8 as even the login system itself is authenticated online (by default but it will work without internet). Perhaps the worst of what they did was completely remove the well known Start Button and Start Menu in exchange for some sort of tablet tile eyecandy. It just feels wrong to use Windows 8 without a touchscreen. Another thing to look at is how much more time consuming everyday tasks have become in Windows 8 such as simply left clicking something in the new Metro UI, instead of a familiar little menu appearing right next to your cursor, you have to go all the way to the bottom of the screen to see your options. They have also forced you to wait even to open menu's by having to hover in an area of the screen. Even worse is the method they chose to switch between open programs, having to put your cursor in a tiny area and wait for a menu to appear that if you so much as barely move the cursor away, the menu goes away.

Another thing that I've had the "pleasure" of experiencing is the new Windows 8 Apps. Yep, just another step closer to that tablet OS, now that we have apps! Not only is that annoying but having said apps forces you to use the new inefficient way of switching programs by "hovering" your mouse in a corner of the screen.

Now if at this point your wondering whether you should join this group, do it. If you even consider joining, do it. Save yourself the time, money, and frustration of dealing with such a monstrosity that Microsoft calls their new OS.

Member List
EpicAMDGamer
Dklic6
Sad
Art Vanelay
47 Knucklehead
mxfreek09
CrashZero
thepoopscooper
Boinz
Nvidia
joshd
Legonut
S.M.
ZealotKi11er
Rytingur
ipv89
Nelson2011
gsa700
Jakesuellentrop
Mygaffer
Shpongle
Yumyums
barkinos98
Mr_Torch
DEEBS808
Edge Of Pain
CiBi
Usario
JohnnyChuttz
Pentium4 531 overclocker
james8
Onions
elreyhorus
noobhell
grss1982
Spritanium
cyberpunkz
Davidsen
N0BOX
lostmage
Eduardv
Nemesis158
Boyd
asuperpower
PcG_AmD
Hacksword
jadawgis732
Eric335
Dehatitated
OverClocker55
Thorhian
Zhany
Callumpy
ZareliMan
pony-tail
WebsterXC
Xavier006
Jerry001
Digikid
jtc10512
BiG StroOnZ
JonathanNgo
DracoManX69
Paratrooper1n0
Peri
zer0d3gree
battlecryawesome
Fr0sty
PwrElec
elreyhorus
Dehatitated
upload420
F1ynn
XPD541
nvidiaftw12
WeirdHarold
BradleyW
piledragon
Burned
GAMERIG
Wuest3nFuchs
nuno_p
King4x4
IggyAz
Dyson Poindexter
stringcheese166
mcrbradbury
DiGiCiDAL
LazzurusMan
PR-Imagery
XAslanX
AC_Smoothie
Tyler R
AMDZombie
Geneaux
buffsportsman
Falmod
Tweeky
Headbomb
division9
Pedroc1999
KeyboardXpert

If you decide to join, don't forget to put this in your signature!

Code:

Code:
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/t/1292259/the-windows-8-protest-group/0_100"][B]The Windows 8 Protest Group[/B][/URL]
Also a big thanks to jrl1357 as he is the original organizer of this club and he was kind enough to hand it over to me
smile.gif

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Or we could just keep using 7
smile.gif

(using 8 CP now, runs a bit better, but is usability nightmare)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sure. I played with win8 and thought it was garbage. I'm steadily using linux more for regular stuff and win7 just to play games.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Switch to linux/macosx, if they so chose but now that I think about it, we can't teach hackintosh, so switch to linux or keep using 7. Or if you use linux and want to show how pissed you are that ms is poisoning are childern, ill add you too:)

Edit---

Will add

·
Registered
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl1357 View Post

The Windows 8 Protest and Boycott Group
Not sure if this is a good idea, but even as someone who could care less about windows I find myslef rubbed in a very wrong way by microsofts windows 8. So this group is here for all those of you who will join me in denouncing and boycotting windows 8. If you hate metro, are like me pissed over the signed booting violation of your freedom and the tablet way ms seems to have chosen, join us. We will boycott windows 8, help people switch to linux and mac os x if they so chose, and show ms that people here aint willing to take there crap and just sit there. Lets make it another Vista!
Member List
jrl1357
(I will place your name here)

Code:

Code:
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/t/1292259/the-windows-8-protest-and-boycott-group[B]The Windows 8 Protest and Boycott Group[/B][/URL]
count me in brother

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Damn incompatibilities; if software devs would only port their programs to Linux, I would use Linux.

I'm in for protesting this sinking ship. Hopefully software devs will take notice, if this gets big enough.

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
Oh what the heck, I'll sign up.

Until Microsoft adds a "Classic View" option like they have in their past half dozen OS's to COMPLETELY bypass Metro, I won't buy it. I'll keep running Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
The signature text you provided is broken.

I think I fixed it.

Code:

Code:
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/t/1292259/the-windows-8-protest-and-boycott-group"][B]The Windows 8 Protest and Boycott Group[/B][/URL]

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
im in

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Personally, I don't think people should try to move to Mac OSX as a result of Windows 8. If Mac OSX becomes the primary OS, then Apple will just end up being the next Microsoft.

Linux should be the primary operating system used.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Ok, this is turning into a "We Linux ppl now hate Microsoft more" thread.
I don't care, I'm out.
This is the totally wrong approach, there are 0 reasons for a person using Win7 to change to Linux just because he doesn't want 8.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

I know I'll end up getting flamed and warned for this, but I have to say it. This is the dumbest thread I have seen on OCN in years. A boycott? Really? You're just proving how immature you really are. Get a freaking life, don't buy/use 8. Stick with 7. NOBODY CARES.
I gotta love the "nobody cares" line. And yet you care enough to post
rolleyes.gif

·
Banned
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

I know I'll end up getting flamed and warned for this, but I have to say it. This is the dumbest thread I have seen on OCN in years. A boycott? Really? You're just proving how immature you really are. Get a freaking life, don't buy/use 8. Stick with 7. NOBODY CARES.
Hey,

If you're on OCN, you need to be mature, yes I agree with that statement. But people are just in search of others that agree with what they think.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies View Post

Hey,
If you're on OCN, you need to be mature, yes I agree with that statement. But people are just in search of others that agree with what they think.
thumb.gif
That's fine and dandy; but the term "boycott" is ridiculous and warrants a lecture to the tune of "act your age, not your shoe size" to each and every one of you.

You do this as if you think it will phase Microsoft. You guys are in the minority, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 551 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.