Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can an XBOX 360 do graphics as good or better than most pc's?

Also, how can it be so cheap?

Is it because it dedicated the whole system to graphics and such?

I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i know they are really new but do you think its possible to run linux on one like you could on the old xbox?

·
Registered
886 Posts
The answer to that is get programming! Linux can be more or less adjusted to anything, plus the thing is power pc based, so it would be a doddle to get drivers. You would need a hell of alot experience though!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Quote:

i know they are really new but do you think its possible to run linux on one like you could on the old xbox?

it is very possible but like lozza said experience is need

but the 360 graphics really suck compaired to computer graphics and plus they overheat all the time so microsoft is loosing more money because of that

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Consoles run at much lower resolutions than PCs do, which allows them to enable all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo

but the 360 graphics really suck compaired to computer graphics and plus they overheat all the time so microsoft is loosing more money because of that

they dont 'really suck' have you even played one, i admit they arent up to PC standards, but they certianly dont 'really suck'
and as for the overheating, it happened in little over 4%(who got another) of those sold (CNN or some other new show), it just happened that those 4% posted the error on widley popular forums, even then, its all over now, 'cause the second round is out

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
the main difference between most PC's and consels is the resoultion. a standard TV resolution is a mere 640x480 compared to a modest pc resolution of 1024x768 (on the low end of things) If you turn the resolution down on a pc you can crank up all the extras like textures and shadows too... the reason this doesn't look good though is because the native resoltion of the comptuer montior is much higher.
The 360 is supposed to look good on HD... but it is the first consel that is capable of displaying the higher resoltions i believe

·
Registered
443 Posts
well even to the ones that didnt post on big forums had problems just about everyone at my school who wasted money, theres overheated

and yes i have played one and i think that they dont look great and that the other 2 systems will look and perform better, i dont say something like what i did unless i have personally played it or used it because i call people on it when they have never tryed it so there for i dont make assumtions unless ive played/used it

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
They look "good" because it has a chip able to render as well as current gen cards. Its cheaper because they lose alot of money, while on the pc market a profit is made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.