7. The Name “iPod†Was Inspired By 2001: A Space Odyssey
8. The First iPod Had A Secret Easter Egg
9. Who Is John Appleseed?
10. Jony Ive Sticks to the Same Shirt Too

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-lif...709-1031b.html

·
Registered
42 Posts

I wish they had some more interesting facts to offer than that, but it's alright I actually didn't know any of them.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
They were also sued over # 5 by MkIntosh Audio and pay royalties to them for use of the name.

·
939 veteran & 1155 fanboy
8,148 Posts
Quote:
3. The Apple I Cost $US666.66
Knew that one from reading a book on the history of the Personal Computer and its relation to the Counterculture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyFr View Post
They were also sued over # 5 by MkIntosh Audio and pay royalties to them for use of the name.
Don't you mean Apple Records (the Beatles's record company)? Or were they getting sued by two different companies?
Or am I just wrong? lol

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nategr8ns
View Post

Knew that one from reading a book on the history of the Personal Computer and its relation to the Counterculture.

Seriously? That's a fact that people don't know?

Don't you mean Apple Records (the Beatles's record company)? Or were they getting sued by two different companies?
Or am I just wrong? lol

They got sued by McIntosh Audio for the name Macintosh, because it was so simliar to their already trademarked name and won, so Apple pays royalties to them for the name Macintosh, this is seperate from Apple and Apple Records.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

The Macintosh project started in the late 1970s with Jef Raskin, an Apple employee, who envisioned an easy-to-use, low-cost computer for the average consumer. He wanted to name the computer after his favorite type of apple, the McIntosh,[4] but the name had to be changed for legal reasons as it was too close, phonetically, to that of the McIntosh audio equipment manufacturer. Steve Jobs requested a release of the name so that Apple could use it but this was denied forcing Apple to eventually buy the rights to use the name.[5] Raskin was authorized to start hiring for the project in September 1979,[6] and he began to look for an engineer who could put together a prototype. Bill Atkinson, a member of Apple's Lisa team (which was developing a similar but higher-end computer), introduced him to Burrell Smith, a service technician who had been hired earlier that year. Over the years, Raskin assembled a large development team that designed and built the original Macintosh hardware and software; besides Raskin, Atkinson and Smith, the team included George Crow,[7] Chris Espinosa, Joanna Hoffman, Bruce Horn, Susan Kare, Andy Hertzfeld, Guy Kawasaki, Daniel Kottke,[8] and Jerry Manock.[9][10]

From ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh

So I was a little off but still they had to purchase the naming rights from McIntosh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts