Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has flopped his final keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, presenting a bizarre display that was hosted by US entertainment personality Ryan Seacrest and included a "tweet choir", but virtually no new significant announcements.
Several demos failed, and attendees were dismayed that a rumoured new Xbox 720 console wasn't revealed.
Final keynote ever for Microsoft. Didn't go out so well...
Source

·
Registered
699 Posts
The Xbox 360 is selling to well for Microsoft to introduce a new model. Why cut into a steady cash flow when people are willing to pay for half a decade old hardware? More importantly, some heavy hitters like Halo 4 are not going to be ready until 4th Quarter 2012, so that gives them even less incentive to do so.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolsmasher View Post

How embarrassing. Geeeeez......

At least I took away that Kinect is coming to PC, I hadn't heard that before.
Yes but things are always funny when viewed from a historical context. Kinect has already come to the PC. It just did it in the past so it's coming back. See this for hidden kinect joke. It made number 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Ya-K6tzd4

·
Registered
718 Posts
Guess it'll still be a long time before an XBOX 720 will come out.
I'm going to hazard a guess that it'll be annouced NEXT CES, so maybe release next summer?
Is a 6 month announcement/release time pretty standard?

·
Premium Member
4,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post

Guess it'll still be a long time before an XBOX 720 will come out.
I'm going to hazard a guess that it'll be annouced NEXT CES, so maybe release next summer?
Is a 6 month announcement/release time pretty standard?
Doubt it, I would bet on holidays this year. This is Microsofts final keynote at CES which means they wouldn't be there next year to announce a new xbox. They also said that the time doesn't work with their roadmap.

·
Banned
6,500 Posts
I'll get Kinect on my PC when that's available. Most definitely. But I hope that no single game is Kinect Exclusive.

I'm sure a few will work ok, but the best Kinect PC titles will be ones that only enhance the game, not take over it. Like the microphone built into it for voice commands (and relieving the need for a headset to talk during online games) or the camera detecting that you left your seat and therefore pausing the game. Those are the kind of enhancements I'd personally like to see enter games using Kinect. It should be the kind of thing that is an addition to the experience if you own one, or just an addition to gaming apparatus. Like having a 1800DPI mouse is better than an 400DPI mouse, but either way it's still a mouse. I'd be extremely reluctant to take my hands off the mouse and keyboard during games and I hope developers, or modders, capitalise on the kind of things I've mentioned. Because I don't personally like Kinect games. They're awkward and mostly don't work (Rise of Nightmares, on Xbox360? Great idea, but doesn't work).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
What if there were a mod for Skyrim that made all high elves look like Steve Ballmer.
What sort of racial perks would the Ballmer have?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts