Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Microsoft on Tuesday confirmed it is testing a new internet search engine it hopes will power the US software giant out of distant third place in a market dominated by Google.

A Kumo.com search engine being privately tested by Microsoft workers is reportedly based on semantic technology that enables it to understand sentences and relationships between words.

Current search engines, including software used by Google, rely on matching words typed into search boxes with those found at websites and in data found on the Internet.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/techno...842478343.html

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Problem is Yahoo! is generally considered a better search engine after i show people it. And have them actually test it. But people don't really care. The loading time of Google's engine and the phrase "Google it" basically makes it stupid to think a better search engine will win people over.

And please, no war over who is better. I clearly stated that it was people i had shown both engines. And it was for my own informational purposes.

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Licht View Post
Problem is Yahoo! is generally considered a better search engine after i show people it. And have them actually test it. But people don't really care. The loading time of Google's engine and the phrase "Google it" basically makes it stupid to think a better search engine will win people over.

And please, no war over who is better. I clearly stated that it was people i had shown both engines. And it was for my own informational purposes.
Personally I've found Google to be better, though if I can't find something, Yahoo and Ask usually can find it.

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
Personally I've found Google to be better, though if I can't find something, Yahoo and Ask usually can find it.
In my experience Yahoo! is much more refined. But Google turns more overall results. So if something gets little to no results on Yahoo! i go to Google for more and search them by hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.