Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
i have an msi GTX 1660ti armor and got some extra thermal pads that i don't use, so i would like to add them in the backplate to optimize temperatures. At the moment I put them rear the chip die (like forming a square) and RAM, but I'm afraid I have done something wrong, pads fit good and touch well the backplate, I would like advice on positioning, like a draw would be nice, thanks in advance

· High IQ Person
694 Posts
Circuit component Product Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Electronic component
This is the gaming X but should be the same.

Anyway, usually "Metal" backplates have a protective plastic cover, to actually make good contact and transfer heat, you should cut that cover with something then putting the pad on top.

· Iconoclast
34,107 Posts
Agreed on removing the plastic film.

However, there are a couple of pad placement changes/additions I'd recommend. I don't believe the top row of GDDR is installed on this PCB, so putting a pad there is redundant. However, core and memory VRM cooling could be helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.