Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pro lamer
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I try to run windows update I get this error. I tried googling and found no solution so far to this error. What can it be?

Code:

Code:
There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070426)

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
It's possible the MS servers were overloaded. I always wait until at least Saturday to download and install MS monthly updates. That way, if there is a wonky update, I will have had time to read about it and know not to install it until has been fixed. Often, MS will have pulled bad updates and fixed them by then.

·
Pro lamer
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

It's possible the MS servers were overloaded. I always wait until at least Saturday to download and install MS monthly updates. That way, if there is a wonky update, I will have had time to read about it and know not to install it until has been fixed. Often, MS will have pulled bad updates and fixed them by then.
Not the case. It has something to do with component store corruption and group policy according to google. I need to find what's causing the updates to fail.

·
Pro lamer
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

bump

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is this a home personal computer or are you on a domain? It honestly seems like you're on a domain because that setting is a GPO action by the looks of it. *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization*

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker2501 View Post

Not the case. It has something to do with component store corruption and group policy according to google. I need to find what's causing the updates to fail.
I had the same problem and it turns out that Bitdefender was the problem; uninstalled Bitdefender and things work fine now. Sadly, I liked the free version but it was causing me all sort of other problems with other applications, even games ...

·
Pro lamer
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprentis View Post

Is this a home personal computer or are you on a domain? It honestly seems like you're on a domain because that setting is a GPO action by the looks of it. *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization*
It's a home pc. I think this message is because I changed some settings in group policy before. I reverted back everything to not configured, but the message remained. The issue was fixed by manually installing the latest big update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts