Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source
Quote:
Everyone has technical difficulties every once in a while. It goes with the territory.

But then, not everyone is Google. According to web analytics firm GoSquared, worldwide internet traffic dipped by a stunning 40 per cent during the brief minutes that the Chocolate Factory's services were offline. Here's the graph of what that looked like:
Very strange indeed. How can such a large distributed server environment ALL go down at the same time.. Can't wait for updates from google. Anyone else a server admin with some insight as to how this could happen? Im stumped.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post

"A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something"
worriedsmiley.gif
Cute. What was the Deja Vu?

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
So at least 40% of people in the world do not know how to type www.bing.com in to there browser search bar. Though it was only 2 mins a lot of people probably didn't even get started thinking about alternatives and just opting to "try again later".

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

So at least 40% of people in the world do not know how to type www.bing.com in to there browser search bar. Though it was only 2 mins a lot of people probably didn't even get started thinking about alternatives and just opting to "try again later".
Lol, Bing is not that popular.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexo View Post

Perhaps not but it would be my next stop if google went down for an extended period of time.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Quote:

Well Google is more than Google.com. Can't check Gmail from Outlook.com among many things
tongue.gif

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Quote:

No 40% are smart enough not to use bing

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
so glad I saw this article! I was trying to google something RIGHT at this moment, was getting nothing. I kicked my son off his PC and tried, still nothing. Went to the back bedroom and told my wife to google something and sure enough it worked I was like, hmm and just dismissed it. I also thought my internet or ISP was acting up so I went to OCN and yahoo and they worked. Weird, be interesting to see what happened.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadope View Post

If bing went down nobody would have bothered to write an article
applaud.gif
Plot twist: The other 60% of Internet traffic is Bing traffic.
biggrin.gif

·
PC Evangelist
47,371 Posts
The other 60% is direct links to pron.

·
✔️
1,583 Posts
There certainly is something fishy in this if all of their services went down for the whole world at the same time.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukkooh View Post

There certainly is something fishy in this if all of their services went down for the whole world at the same time.
Not really. Google already published info about Spanner. This basically means all the Google's runs one system... it just happens to be across every data center they own. Note, absolutely no other company has achieved this.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
OCN is really late with this article jeez....

Just googled Spanned, jesus man google really did an amazing thing there

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
OFF-TOPIC: True AI will probably come from Google, like Jane from the ansible network.

ON-TOPIC: It wouldn't surprise me if they did this on purpose, to see how much the World relies on their services
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 81 Posts