Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
North Korea has released a new pic of chairman Kim Jong Il, hoping to show the world that the communist despot/self-professed internet expert is alive and well and healthy enough to actually appear in public. But this may be a case of communist photoshopaganda.

Three months after Kim Jong Il disappeared from public view amid rumors of a serious stroke, the Korean Central News Agency released a photo in which the "Dear Leader" poses alongside a North Korean military unit. But an eagle-eyed Times reader has noticed that Kim's shadow doesn't quite match shadows cast by the soldiers (ostensibly) standing beside him.

Here's the pic, courtesy of Reuters:

And here's The Times' blowup:

Kim Sung Ho, head of the South Korean spy agency, has confirmed reports that Kim Jong Il suffered a stoke and was treated by foreign doctors. But this hasn't stopped the North Koreans from spewing all sorts of photos meant to show he's A-OK. Last month, they released new pics in the which the bespectacled Kim appears alongside foliage that proves the pics weren't nearly as new as they claimed. ®
Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11..._il_photoshop/

Not quiet news I know, but its been photoshopped so i thought it was revelant. Kinda interesting too

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
n00bs. Iran did the same thing with missile launches. Don't they realize that a 1min Photoshop job isn't good enough.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
Well it's only to fool the North Koreans I imagine.
Naw... they post it to the world... "See! He's fine and not sick! We aren't destablized. Move on."

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
They should have at least given him a bionic leg or some rocket launchers or something, jeesh.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
you could just put a link to the website that all of this "news" came from.

seems like your the little OCN aggregator.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Eh. There are a number of different things that could have affected the lighting. I won't take it as truth till it's confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was photoshopped.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino View Post
you could just put a link to the website that all of this "news" came from.

seems like your the little OCN aggregator.
Maybe you should look on the tubes, it's a popular story.

On a side note, I believe this is for the nationals and not the international media groups. If the people see this guy dying, unrest would ensue and be a very bad thing.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerack
View Post

On a side note, I believe this is for the nationals and not the international media groups. If the people see this guy dying, unrest would ensue and be a very bad thing.

Quote:

North Korea has released a new pic of chairman Kim Jong Il, hoping to show the world

Quote:

Here's the pic, courtesy of Reuters:

·
15,777 Posts
sigh* korea...
soon they'll make a POPStation Wide that is only shopped on the picture and is actually... ANOTHER POPSTATION!

Carry on...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerack
View Post

Do I sound like an 80-something Alaskan politician?

I was merely questioning the need for four "news" stories from the same poster from the same source at the same time. Feels a bit like post whoring to me. I feel that the news section here is very often way off topic. There is nearly zero reason for this to be on an overclocking website.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have never seen you once post news so whats your point?

Just because there from the same source. No-one apart from me sources from El Reg. Every other site is covered by everyone else

Sorry to rant, but people say that I post from the same source when they never post any news from any source themselves so they cant really talk

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Alright guys, grow up. Evo, just try and post relevant stories if you are gonna post lots, and jaz, stop being a prick and giving him a hard time.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducky
View Post

Alright guys, grow up. Evo, just try and post relevant stories if you are gonna post lots, and jaz, stop being a prick and giving him a hard time.

Jeez chillout already. My posts are somewhat revelant.

Im just fed up of being slated for posting news from the same source. Its already been said once today and sometime last week.

And the annoying this is that the people who slate me never post any news themselves!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts