Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the last of my tube of AS5 that I have had for at least 4-5 years last week, so now I need to go ahead and order more to have on hand. Never know when you will need more. That being said, whats the best/standard now? Which would you guys recommend and please keep in mind that I would like to keep it inexpensive but I understand that good stuff don't come cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
I still like AS5.
.I use a lot of the Ceramique for sub-zero cooling and it works well with plain water cooling to.

I really like Shin Etsu Micro SI, it seems to work as well as AS5 or a little better. Mx2 is supposed to be a real good one, I haven't tried it yet but the next time I re-up on TIM I think I will.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
From my test results i would go with IC diamond carat 7 or Arctic Silver ceramique paste they both kept my temps low and the IC didnt need a cure time really, it says it needs 2 hours to reach optimized performance and after an hr or two my temps from 36C to 32C. I also cut out my case fan grills so that helped a lot too and quieten down my fans.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Even the latest and greatest ones tested are within a degree or so of AS5, so you can't go wrong with it. I've stuck with AS5 and have never had any probs with it. For me AS5 is still number 1 or very close

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by caliga4221
View Post

Think i have decided to try ic diamond, now whats the difference in 7carat and 24? is it worth the cost?

The amount of paste in the tube.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts