Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7900 GT and i want to put a Arctic Cooling Cooler on it. And all i have for thermal paste is a tube of Silicone-Base Heat Sink Compound from radio shack. Will this work?

·
Registered
711 Posts
While I can only assume that your 6800's cooler was not stock as that would make to sense to transfer to a new card, I would reccomend you go out and buy some Artic Silver 5. It will be worth the hassle. Using a decent thermal grease alone can lower your temps 2C-4C not to mention longevity. Trust me, you will be glad in the longrun.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
From personal experience, I recommend getting and using Ceramique instead of AS5 on your video card. The thermal difference between the two is pretty much negligible. The difference is that while AS5 may not be electrically conductive, is IS capacitative. Ceramique is not, and as such, will never cause the problems a stray blob or dot of AS5 might.

• Rep+
Reactions: Dryadsoul

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Are you after the Artic Cooling Accelero X1?

If you are, don't bother because it doesn't fit the 7900GT only the GTX

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeking78 View Post
Are you after the Artic Cooling Accelero X1?

If you are, don't bother because it doesn't fit the 7900GT only the GTX
how? aren't the GTX's the same as the GT's with higher clocks, 1.4v and a better cooler?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
No. The 7900GT is smaller.

Check out the Artic Cooling website. Its states that the Accelero only fits the 7900GTX.

Plus, I bought one hoping I could mod it to fit my 7900GT but it didn't work.

Linky..

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=91

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i got it together. Your right the card is smaller BUT the cooler mounts up to the card fine all i had to do was trim off some of the plastic on the end of it to make it fit in the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts