Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Thermalright Archon club! Not only does this cooler allow for excellent, and I mean truly excellent cooling, it does so without sacrificing a single RAM slot. Now you don't have any reason to compromise between cooling and memory.

Anyone is more than welcome to ask questions, comment on their experiences, etc...

As with pretty much every other club out there, requirements for joining are as follows:

1) A picture of your rig with the Archon in clear view is required
2) Post a reply with the title "Add me" with the above mentioned picture in the body
3) (Optional) Post your idle and max load temperatures with your fan configuration - either 1 fan or 2

Now on to the important stuff
Here is our official sig:

Code:

Code:
[url="http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling/933510-thermalright-archon-club.html"] [B] :buttkick::clock: ~.The Thermalright Archon Club.~ :clock::buttkick:[/B][/url][/center]
buttkick.gifpost-flame-small.gif ~.The Thermalright Archon Club.~ post-flame-small.gifbuttkick.gif

Probably THE best review of the Archon on both the interwebs and OCN (all props go to Contagion)
http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling/915151-thermalright-archon-hr-02-testing-analysis.html

Archon Unboxing
~Members~
Too much darn work to keep this updated - you know who you are, use the club sig
tongue.gif

Reviews
HardOCP
XBitLabs
RW Labs
Technic3d
Dexgo
Vortez
Compatibility List
Use this form to enter your case compatibility

Thermaltake Archon case compatibility

Update:

Archon SB-E x2 unboxing and mini review
Archon SB-E x2 unboxing and full review (Korean) [forcca.com] or translated via Google Translate

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, it should fit. You will have a couple centimeters of spare space between the top of the cooler and the side panel. The cooler's max height is 17cm, where are the case 21cm. Even if you account the raise in height of the motherboard, the cooler should have at least 2 cm of spare space. That should be more than enough.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
In.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qu1cK
View Post

Anyone know if the thermalright archon enters my Lancool K62?
Thanks

It will fit in your case. Mine is a tad bit smaller. lol.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume
View Post

Nice start.

I hope you will start a spreadsheet on which cases have room for this heatsink.

That is a brilliant idea!! I should totally do that.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassdoken
View Post

In.

Done, you are now an official member. Congrats on being the first - other than me of-course.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinigamibob
View Post

Done, you are now an official member. Congrats on being the first - other than me of-course.

What do I win? lol

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Oh wait a minute. I'm not "officially" in.
Let me take some pictures and I'll throw up some idle/load temps when I'm done. lol.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,099 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's a shame that the FT02 case can't fit the Archon even though it's 212mm wide

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ehume
View Post

Nice start.

I hope you will start a spreadsheet on which cases have room for this heatsink.

Do you know of any way to embed the spreadsheet? It gives me an iframe tag, but this forum doesn't do html rendering... I've seen the Gr33n machine guys do it, so I know its possible.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

It's a snug fit. But it keeps everything nice and cool.
Load temps don't get all that much hotter than this. I ran it for ~16h and the it looked pretty much like this, give or take a few degrees. That's at 3.78GHz, by the way. Load temps for stock barely push 50C. I love this thing. lol.

Whoo. Glad I found this one. This one is way more accurate. I did run this at 3.686GHz, though. Barely any change in voltage.

Quote:

View Post

Do you know of any way to embed the spreadsheet? It gives me an iframe tag, but this forum doesn't do html rendering... I've seen the Gr33n machine guys do it, so I know its possible.

Google Docs

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet pics and nice temperatures.

You just sent me a google docs link... I have a form and a spreadsheet set up, I just can't embed the spreadsheet on the first post.

Also, input your case and cooler compatibility into the form in the first post.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That gives me an iframe... And OCN doesn't want to embed an iframe either...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Quote:

View Post

That gives me an iframe... And OCN doesn't want to embed an iframe either...

Oh poo. Let me ask a friend of mine, he's done this before...

1 - 20 of 640 Posts