Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry, but there is no Frost Spirit on AliExpress nor on TaoBao. That's why I asked for links if anyone knows.

·
Premium Member
27,141 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,141 Posts
I understand the mistake. I was searching "Frost Spirit 140 too. ;)
Strange how some things are filed.

• Rep+
Reactions: Brko

·
Registered
179 Posts
The trouble is if l order it from AliExpress, my country's customs will hit me with 25% VAT + 10 EUR fixed tax for their "work". So, total price would be 90 USD :(

Thanks guys. I guess l will stick with my Thermalright Venomous X 10-years-old-veteran :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry, but there is no Frost Spirit on AliExpress nor on TaoBao. That's why I asked for links if anyone knows.

I bough it in tmall via superbuy. I used google translate for everything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The trouble is if l order it from AliExpress, my country's customs will hit me with 25% VAT + 10 EUR fixed tax for their "work". So, total price would be 90 USD :(

Thanks guys. I guess l will stick with my Thermalright Venomous X 10-years-old-veteran :)
My country's customs has a 50% tax over USD50 plus a fixed tax for the work... consider yourself lucky haha

Aliexpress is expensive.. from taobao it cost's USD40 but you need to buy from an intermediary (it's only for chinese) and shipping will be about USD60.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My country's customs has a 50% tax over USD50 plus a fixed tax for the work... consider yourself lucky haha

Aliexpress is expensive.. from taobao it cost's USD40 but you need to buy from an intermediary (it's only for chinese) and shipping will be about USD60.
For that amount l can buy Noctua NH-D15 black in my country, which is undoubtedly better cooler.

I heard that PC-Cooling.de shop in Germany closed this year. They were EU distributor for Thermalright (they sent me AM4 bracket for free for my Venomous X in 2017). When they closed, there is less and less Thermalright coolers in EU. Guess is that Frozen Spirit will never arrive in EU :( too bad, l am huge Thermalright fan (the only brand l am fan of :) ).

·
Registered
52 Posts
For that amount l can buy Noctua NH-D15 black in my country, which is undoubtedly better cooler.

I heard that PC-Cooling.de shop in Germany closed this year. They were EU distributor for Thermalright (they sent me AM4 bracket for free for my Venomous X in 2017). When they closed, there is less and less Thermalright coolers in EU. Guess is that Frozen Spirit will never arrive in EU :( too bad, l am huge Thermalright fan (the only brand l am fan of :) ).
In my country de noctua is about USD230... so the FS140 is a good buy.

·
Fix it till its broke
765 Posts
I wouldn’t say the D15 would be undoubtedly better, there are a number of coolers that do just as well if not slightly better than D15

·
Premium Member
27,141 Posts
What Owterspace said. While NH-D15 is one of the best it is defitively not the single 'best' cooler. It's just one of many with similar cooling ability. Cooler like Silver Arrow (all varients) Frost Spirit 140, TRUE Spirit 140 Power, Le Grand Macho, Fuma 2, PH-TC14PE, R1 Ultimate, and the list goes one.

Also keep in mind NH-D15 has 1500rpm 140mm fan while many others have 1200-1300rpm fans, and still other have 2500rpm fan/s like Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme & AM4, 1800rpm fan like Silver Arrow T8 or 38mm thick 2000rpm fan like HE01 has.

• Rep+
Reactions: Brko

·
Registered
179 Posts
No argument there. Just pulled the parallel there with Frost Spirit total price (cooler + shipping + fees + waiting time during Covid19 pandemic). D15 is better than FS140, for 2-3-4-5%, but is available NOW and no extra fuss with shipping/customs expenses.

Problem is that l WANT FS140 for its price and want it soon. Do not want to pay it like D15 and wait it for 2 months. Thats why l asked EU availability.

Fuma2 is my 2nd choice if in some time won't be able to get FS140.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well.. i got it installed. Today the psu arrived.
Due to bad luck i got the cooler without thermal paste so i had to use an old and bad evercool TU15 i had lying around. I think toothpaste is better....

So far, quick testing: at same ambient temperature, stock cooler at 3200rpm got me at around 87°C on CB20.
With the FS140 and its fans spinning no more than 800rpm, it never goes over 78°C. My 3700x has PBO enabled (150PPT, 80TDC, 96EDC, scalar 1x, AutoOC 100mhz, LLC 3 on asus x570 tuf gaming).
Ambient temp today when testing: 26,7°C, 60% relative humidity.
Case open or closed = same temps, i have the same temp inside the case as ambient temp (tested with a thermistor inside the case).
The 3 phanteks in the front spin at 350rpm and go up to 800rpm at max load, the noctua at the back spins at 200rpm and goes at 1000rpm at load. It can go to 1500rpm but in my limited testing, it makes no diference, only a little more noise. The noctua at 1000rpm is practically inaudible.

So far.. better, but not a lot over stock cooler i think.
Will try to get some good (or better at least) thermal paste during the week and try again.

Pd: There is no indication of how hard to screw the cooler. I screwed it in until the screw with springs that it has made a stop, I hope it is fine like that.
photo_2020-11-12_18-07-03.jpg

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,585 Posts
Good quality PSU will help secure your PC hardware, forever more.

Will try to get some good (or better at least) thermal paste during the week and try again.
I've used by accident, MX-4 from Arctic because it was already installed/applied upon my Arctic 240 cooler and has worked quite nicely in transferring the heat. No build up of heat even when a little overclocked.

Pd: There is no indication of how hard to screw the cooler. I screwed it in until the screw with springs that it has made a stop, I hope it is fine like that.
That's Thermalright's way of designing a perfect attachment system in which you turn the screw until it stops. It has finished fastening the cooler onto your IHS quite effectively.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good quality PSU will help secure your PC hardware, forever more.

I've used by accident, MX-4 from Arctic because it was already installed/applied upon my Arctic 240 cooler and has worked quite nicely in transferring the heat. No build up of heat even when a little overclocked.

That's Thermalright's way of designing a perfect attachment system in which you turn the screw until it stops. It has finished fastening the cooler onto your IHS quite effectively.
Why wouldn't the mx-4 work nicely. It's a thermal paste...... The difference between the worst and the best, it's like 5-6°C and that's at very high load, 200w+. The mx-4 it's closer from the top than the bottom in the ranking.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27,141 Posts
Due to bad luck i got the cooler without thermal paste so i had to use an old and bad evercool TU15 i had lying around. I think toothpaste is better....

So far, quick testing: at same ambient temperature, stock cooler at 3200rpm got me at around 87°C on CB20.
With the FS140 and its fans spinning no more than 800rpm, it never goes over 78°C. My 3700x has PBO enabled (150PPT, 80TDC, 96EDC, scalar 1x, AutoOC 100mhz, LLC 3 on asus x570 tuf gaming).
Ambient temp today when testing: 26,7°C, 60% relative humidity.
Case open or closed = same temps, i have the same temp inside the case as ambient temp (tested with a thermistor inside the case).
The 3 phanteks in the front spin at 350rpm and go up to 800rpm at max load, the noctua at the back spins at 200rpm and goes at 1000rpm at load. It can go to 1500rpm but in my limited testing, it makes no diference, only a little more noise. The noctua at 1000rpm is practically inaudible.

View attachment 2465256
Looks good. (y)

Dropping to 78c from 87c is a significant improvement, especially considering fans are only running at 800rpm.

Where is thermistor positioned inside the case?

Best way to test system is with both CPU and GPU at full load. Often CPU will run cool until GPU is put under heavy load when it's heated exhaust mixes with and raises air temp entering CPU cooler.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,214 Posts
How is dropping 9C with the fans at 1/4 the speed of the stock fans not a lot of improvement? :unsure:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good. (y)

Dropping to 78c from 87c is a significant improvement, especially considering fans are only running at 800rpm.

Where is thermistor positioned inside the case?

Best way to test system is with both CPU and GPU at full load. Often CPU will run cool until GPU is put under heavy load when it's heated exhaust mixes with and raises air temp entering CPU cooler.
Hi Doyll!
I tried with the thermistor over the intake fan of the cpu cooler and in the middle of the case over the cpu cooler. Same temps (within error of my chinese thermomether).
My gpu is a 750ti. I don't need more, for ocassional gaming it's ok, and i mostly do photo raw editing (cpu bound). Even with a furmark it does not elevate the case temps from what i've seen in my system (also the card rarely exceeds 50°C at full load, its very cool). With the 3 intake fans blowing it seems that the heat of the gpu exists directly to the back of the case.

And as i said.. this is with PBO on. With PBO off... at full load cpu didn't went over 65°C.

241 - 260 of 306 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.