Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi as the title states i wat to know if the 745i is any good as i can get for 150 au vs 49 for xiggy or 120 for the h50. the cost of the 2 water coolers doesnt bother me but 160 would be the limit. im not looking for gpu cooling only cpu. ive never done water cooling before. i cant buy seperate parts as i dont know where or what to buy on a 160au limit. any good advice or help + rep. thx

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,542 Posts
id buy a h50 over any thermaltake product, they have their bad name made out for them due to massive failure of the parts in the history

so my personal thought = stay away

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I would stay away from the Big Water. The H5O will give you better performance and reliability. TT water kits have been known to have a lot of issues with leaking in the past, and they dont have all that great of performance compared to most of the other coolers on the market today.

In my opinion, just go for the H5O, you will be happier that you did.

Also, many of the top end air coolers will give you similar or better performance than the bigwater or H5O. Examples being the VenomousX, Megahalem, Noctua NH D-14

• Rep+
Reactions: Th0m0_202

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
If you have to have a prebuilt kit then please look at a little Corsair H50 or a swiftech H20-220. The best option is to always custom build but if you feel you're not ready for that then the two options listed above are you safest and best bet.

Do not buy thermaltake.

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,542 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Th0m0_202 View Post
allright cool. ive seen alot of really good reviews about the both so was a bit unsure about the tt tho. can you lap the block on the h50?
you can, but honestly, if your going into that much effort, see how much you can get a swiftech kit for, the ones with dedicated pumps are very good combos and usually priced a bit over the h50 but cheaper then a complete custom loop.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
as others have stated bad things happen with the bigwater, be safe get the H50

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
you can, but honestly, if your going into that much effort, see how much you can get a swiftech kit for, the ones with dedicated pumps are very good combos and usually priced a bit over the h50 but cheaper then a complete custom loop.
i cant really find anything in aus at the moment but i found this http://www.i-love-pc.com/ProductDeta...ProductNO=1093. any good. would it fit am3?? im pretty sure i can change the cpu block so thats not a big deal

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Th0m0_202 View Post
i cant really find anything in aus at the moment but i found this http://www.i-love-pc.com/ProductDeta...ProductNO=1093. any good. would it fit am3?? im pretty sure i can change the cpu block so thats not a big deal
Of the prebuilt kits, please - H50 is "Almost" watercooling and the Swiftech H20-220 is actual watercooling. Those are pretty much your only PRE-BUILT options.

Anything else and you might as well just take a piss on your system.

If you want to go custom built for cheap you can get yourself an Apogee GT, MCR-220 Radiator, Micro Res, MCP-350 Pump, some 3/8 ID tubing, and call it a day. If building it yourself makes you nervous, then you may want to read up on all of the water cooling guides or look into a high end air cooler.

·
Registered
953 Posts
tt yea some of thier fitings are not the best around but i had a TT P500
and that littel pump suprized me it pumpt methenol /water mix it pumpt antifreeze for a while and it even moved mineral oil when i did a under oil computer and it still works

as long as u leak test it and maybe swap out thier fiting for some better ones u will be fine

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666
View Post

Of the prebuilt kits, please - H50 is "Almost" watercooling and the Swiftech H20-220 is actual watercooling. Those are pretty much your only PRE-BUILT options.

Anything else and you might as well just take a piss on your system.

If you want to go custom built for cheap you can get yourself an Apogee GT, MCR-220 Radiator, Micro Res, MCP-350 Pump, some 3/8 ID tubing, and call it a day. If building it yourself makes you nervous, then you may want to read up on all of the water cooling guides or look into a high end air cooler.

I believe the MCP655 is $20 cheaper, and has a better flow rate. Canadian pricing may be weird, though. You'd want 1/2 inch tubing for the 655.

I sort of miss the Apogee Drive. That little thing was cool.

Edit: Oh. The question is moot, as I am an hour late to the party and the OP is going for the H50.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Bigwaters aren't really good for anything unless your objective is to kill your hardware.

If you cannot afford a custom loop, go with the H50.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts