Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to get the ThermalTake Big Water Cooling Kit, becuase 1 it's cheap, and 2, people who reviewed this say they where shocked at the performance for the cost. It's pretty good anyway. I was wondering, becuase it doesn't come with a GPU heatsink, which one should i get. Which company make the best water cooling blocks for GPU's, thanks.

Also, how much performance increase would i get if i got a different CPU block, i'm guessing not much, but how much increase would there be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

I'm probably going to get the ThermalTake Big Water Cooling Kit, becuase 1 it's cheap, and 2, people who reviewed this say they where shocked at the performance for the cost. It's pretty good anyway. I was wondering, becuase it doesn't come with a GPU heatsink, which one should i get. Which company make the best water cooling blocks for GPU's, thanks.

Also, how much performance increase would i get if i got a different CPU block, i'm guessing not much, but how much increase would there be.

RE: gpu waterblock, dangerden is the BEST that money can buy. look around their website for a block that fits your gpu, it's the best kind that you can buy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
thanks. just read a review for it from bigbruin.com, they gave it a 4.5/5, i looked through it, seems like a not bad system, but you can do better for a custom built kit. although you said that it was cheap, cheap does not necessairily mean good. if i were you, i'd do custom built, frmo the ground up. if you wanna give me your price range if you even want to go custom, then i and everyone else can help you. otherwise, it's not too bad of a system, but not top of the line at all. you can always get a better cooling system by building it yourself.

link to review: http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews/ttbigwater/index3.php

Quote:


Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

Thanks man, also, any one else with any other comments/suggestions. I rep for you ATVkid

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
pretty much the best you can get. although i'd go with the rio 1400 or up, it's a better pump than them all, and cheaper at that. however, those components are the best you can get.

Quote:


Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

dangerden cpublock and gpublock ,ehiem 1048 pump ,double heatercore radiator

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yuo guys know your ****. Me and my dad are going halfs in the price and i prefer it to be under $220 Australian which is about $165 US or so. An Aussie site would also be good. So the radiator is the most iportant thing in a kit would you say
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
varies depending on who you talk to, but generally, either water blocks or rads or pumps are the general most important pieces. if you're going to get one, you can't skimp on any of these components...which is why i'm going piece by piece, because my project...you could call it that... is gonna cost about 200 US... but i'm making my own gpu and cpu blocks, so that saves me $$, which is where i'm gonna get a nice rad and pump..heh.. but yeah opinions on what is the most important component varies a lot.
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

Yuo guys know your ****. Me and my dad are going halfs in the price and i prefer it to be under $220 Australian which is about $165 US or so. An Aussie site would also be good. So the radiator is the most iportant thing in a kit would you say

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are dangerden radiators good aswell. Which radiator would be the best out of any brand for under $100 american.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=14&page=1

probably the best you can get... heatercores blow all the other radiator types out of the water, ask anyone you know who watercools. cheaper than you think, too.

Quote:


Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

make it under $70 american

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
What system do you intend to use the watercooler for, as there are no signs of your system specs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by atvkid1090

thanks. just read a review for it from bigbruin.com, they gave it a 4.5/5, i looked through it, seems like a not bad system, but you can do better for a custom built kit. although you said that it was cheap, cheap does not necessairily mean good. if i were you, i'd do custom built, frmo the ground up. if you wanna give me your price range if you even want to go custom, then i and everyone else can help you. otherwise, it's not too bad of a system, but not top of the line at all. you can always get a better cooling system by building it yourself.

link to review: http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews/ttbigwater/index3.php

Fair enough I guess, however you can also say that cheap systems are not necessarily 'cheap' either - meaning crap. Building a custom watercooling kit will most likely exceed $220 (AUSD), in which isn't very much at all (trust me I know as I'm from NZ). And I've done a bit of calculations already, for a decent system (buying seperate components) is really hard to stay within that bracket.

I wouldn't turn a blind eye towards the BigWater. I've read a few reviews, each saying the results were very pleasing. Its cheap, cools well and you don't have to buy anything else to get it working. However I can't exactly say much more then that, since I don't exactly own the kit. Just thought I'll share my ideas as I too was thinking about this affordable system.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by NiZ

Fair enough I guess, however you can also say that cheap systems are not necessarily 'cheap' either - meaning crap. Building a custom watercooling kit will most likely exceed $220 (AUSD), in which isn't very much at all (trust me I know as I'm from NZ). And I've done a bit of calculations already, for a decent system (buying seperate components) is really hard to stay within that bracket.

I wouldn't turn a blind eye towards the BigWater. I've read a few reviews, each saying the results were very pleasing. Its cheap, cools well and you don't have to buy anything else to get it working. However I can't exactly say much more then that, since I don't exactly own the kit. Just thought I'll share my ideas as I too was thinking about this affordable system.

still, a custom built setup will (most, if not all of the time) outperform a kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
And for a Rad, get a 87 Chevette heatercore, or a Oldsmobile double heater core. They're way cheaper than anthing you could by from a watercooling company and the reviews by those who built their own and used that are great
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,844 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by zokus

And for a Rad, get a 87 Chevette heatercore, or a Oldsmobile double heater core. They're way cheaper than anthing you could by from a watercooling company and the reviews by those who built their own and used that are great

heatercores blow anything out of the water, because they have massive flow rates and next to no restriction/bottlenecks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

heatercores blow anything out of the water, because they have massive flow rates and next to no restriction/bottlenecks

There you go, and for 40 bucks CDN, as opposed to...say... a black ice extreme rad ($140+ CDN), which is the closest comparable rad I could think of
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
The Best Radiator you can get is a Double heatercore

be sure you get or make a shroud for it .. that will give you the best results

combined with a maze 4 gpu block .. o yea the best

the Double and single heatercores are allready set for 1/2 fittings so no welding
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top