Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 3559 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This club is for owners and people interested in the Thermaltake Core P5 ATX wall mount / open frame case

Thermaltake Core P5 ATX Wall-Mount Chassis
Take presentation to the next level with the Core P5 Open Frame chassis by Thermaltake. The fully modular design of the Core P5 allows flexibility for 3-way placement layouts (Wall mount, Horizontal and Vertical), dual GPU layout locations: Horizontal and Vertical and placement locations for liquid cooling components. Uncover greatness with the Core P5's panoramic viewing angle with its large acrylic window to protect and present. Seeing is believing, the Core P5 brings the ultimate in PC hardware viewing wherever you mount or display.

Core P5 related links:
Website: http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Mid_Tower_/Core/C_00002732/Core_P5/design.htm
Video:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one. I have one! I am super slow in working on it. It's my first full custom water cooling and I am using hard tubing. ?. So it's gonna a be a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't judge our YouTube video. This is a horrible in boxing done at the last minute with a iPhone camera. Again, my apologies for the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Edit: Answered....

The case documentation shows 2 pci extender cable brackets are included. You still need to buy a second cable, but the bracket does appear to be included.

next question...

I know I can order an additional PCI extension cable, but where do I get an additional bracket to connect it to the riser shelf?

I am going to use my dual 7950s since I already have my water blocks. So I think I just need an extra bracket. Microcenter wouldn't let me open one up far enough to see everything included.

·
Hydro Therapist
494 Posts
This might seem like a strange question but what are some lightning options for this. I have a semi-dark room and obviously you can't use standard case lightning with this because it is open. It would look terrible if it was dark and all the parts were not properly shown. Almost seems like you would need some projection light for it or something.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The bracket supplied really only supports that thermaltake pump. Be prepared to drill some holes.
Another thing worth mentioning is the display models and the intake/out radiators with the fans. The display models have the Riing fans on the front of the rad pushing out.

I didn't make sense to me since there is a dust filter in the back behind the res area but I configured that way anyway because the front of the riing fans look better.
Mistake #1 with that case for me.
After reversing the fans, I had a 5-8 degree drop in temps. The air wasn't pushing through the rear panel. It just dropped air into the small compartment and heated up my MB and HDDs.
Be sure to pull air from the case instead of trying to push through the vented back panel.
I know the display models and the pics Thermaltake provide are neat but you'll notice a difference in temps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm starting my build now. All the parts finally came in, and I'm slowing starting to document the build. I love the case. While I have the feet on it now, I plan to mount it to the wall when I'm done.

So far, I am VERY impressed by the build and material quality for a $149 case. It is very solid and well thought out.
thumb.gif

Here are all my goodies.

Here are a the core components mounted so I can verify that there were no major components that were DOA, and so I could load up the operating system.

Even though the case says it only mounts motherboards up to ATX size, it will still handle an E-ATX motherboard ... it just gives a little less room for the cables to pass through.

I plan on mounting everything up and since I'm not using just Thermaltake parts, I will have to drill some custom holes and such. But the biggest mod will be that I plan to use a single sheet of white acrylic to cover the whole black metal frame, so the components will stand out even that much more, and there will be no unused holes.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProclusLycaeus View Post

Even though the case says it only mounts motherboards up to ATX size, it will still handle an E-ATX motherboard ... it just gives a little less room for the cables to pass through.
Just to backup Proclus, this case does in fact fit an E-ATX board. I have my EVGA Classified in there with no problems. Cable management wasn't even that much harder.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalMike View Post

Here is some of the builds we have been working on with the Core P5!

Just watched your you tube video.....Brilliant.
thumb.gif

I have purchased a P5 case and Monsta 480mm rad.....just waiting on delivery then i can transfer my mobo etc from my Thermaltake Level GT10

I was wondering if you could help me with some questions i have?

1. what size tubing and fittings would i need to do a similar build to the blue set up I can get the PETG tubing in The UK but it comes in 13/10mm and 14/10mm.

2. what make is the res as it doesnt say on the video

3. Did you use the Riing triple fan pack and a single with x2 fan control switches for the quad rad?

4. I obviously cant use the Aurora fluid 24/7......is the Mayhem pastel blue similar to the fluid you used?

Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Finished mine last week, at least 95% finished.
biggrin.gif
Case is much bigger than i thought it was going to be, pleasantly surprised. Case can be standing up, lay down flat, or even wall mount.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooRules View Post

Finished mine last week, at least 95% finished.
biggrin.gif
Case is much bigger than i thought it was going to be, pleasantly surprised. Case can be standing up, lay down flat, or even wall mount.
Very nice. Is that the xspc 270? Did you have to drill holes to mount it?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yes, that is the xspc 270. I had to drill the 4 mounting holes. Even with a 980 ti KP gpu there was still loads of room between the gpu and the rad.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Are you using fans on the other side of the rad as well? My P5 build is still in progress and I still need a few things....
What I do have waiting to go in...
EK 480 XE
VRM waterblock
Sleeved cables

Waiting to buy:
XSPC 270
New video card w/water block
CPU block

1 - 20 of 3559 Posts