Overclock.net banner
3521 - 3540 of 3551 Posts

·
Invalid Media
4,400 Posts
Bright Sunday afternoon and setup looked especially good. I love this f'ing case.

View attachment 2482566
...very nice indeed. I too love the TT Core P5 - so much so that I haven't touched that build since I finished it two years ago (unusual for me as I like changing things). I will however mod it in the near future w/ an Asus ROD Z97 / 4790K mounted on the back and running Linux (TR stays at the front w/ Win 10)

·
Lost in SoCal
789 Posts
I'm on the P3 instead, but agree. Such a fun case, just wish they cut the number of different screws a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey!
Anyone wall-mounted p5 with tempered glass? Its 19kg + pc stuff + radiator,pump etc. + water... its quite heavy. Can chasis hold this weight?

What wall-mount adapter did you use?
thanks for reply

·
Lost in SoCal
789 Posts
I haven't but the chassis should have no problem with the weight- it's the wall mount you need to check the rating of...

·
Invalid Media
4,400 Posts
Hey!
Anyone wall-mounted p5 with tempered glass? Its 19kg + pc stuff + radiator,pump etc. + water... its quite heavy. Can chasis hold this weight?

What wall-mount adapter did you use?
thanks for reply
...the chassis and 'feet' can take a lot more than that...while my Core P5 (orca in sig link) has the acrylic window, it also has a heavy TR block, 2x w-cooled 2080 Ti, 5x 360x60 rads, 4x D5 pumps, 20+ fans, a heavy 1300W PSU

...it's HEAVY, well beyond 30 kg. Chassis and feet don't care, though - very sturdy.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Anyone using the newer style water distro plate from Bykski?

I always wanted to get one but the only one that made sense was the "L" shaped one, in layout terms, even then it was a little screwy (The straight one was simply stupidly designed with the 4 single rads and extra water paths to no where.........), but i kinda wanted to drop in a 480 rad.
Now i see they make one (A straight board that suits a 480 rad), but you're forced to use a DDC pump (I already have a D5 and would rather avoid switching to a DDC).

Has anyone laid hands on this board? Do they provide a way to block the pump hole off or break it out into tubing to use an external pump? Or is it simply restricted to DDC use only?

Hows the fit and finish in the P5 case? (Link to the new board style)

Cheers all

·
Registered
751 Posts
Anyone using the newer style water distro plate from Bykski?

I always wanted to get one but the only one that made sense was the "L" shaped one, in layout terms, even then it was a little screwy (The straight one was simply stupidly designed with the 4 single rads and extra water paths to no where.........), but i kinda wanted to drop in a 480 rad.
Now i see they make one (A straight board that suits a 480 rad), but you're forced to use a DDC pump (I already have a D5 and would rather avoid switching to a DDC).

Has anyone laid hands on this board? Do they provide a way to block the pump hole off or break it out into tubing to use an external pump? Or is it simply restricted to DDC use only?

Hows the fit and finish in the P5 case? (Link to the new board style)

Cheers all
I looked into this distro (before going with the one from Barrow) and when I inquired with a vendor about using external pump they mentioned an additional part you had to buy that apparently doesn't come with it and they weren't sure where to get one.

I also wanted to keep using my D5 and went with the Barrow. New build hasn't started yet but it feels solid. I would look into it.

...picked up a TT Core P8 today for a new build to join my TT Core P5...

View attachment 2489639
I thought about the P8 before getting my P7 but I just don't have enough stuff to put in it that makes it worth taking up the space on my small desk. Looks awesome though. Definitely interested to see what you do with it.

·
Invalid Media
4,400 Posts
I looked into this distro (before going with the one from Barrow) and when I inquired with a vendor about using external pump they mentioned an additional part you had to buy that apparently doesn't come with it and they weren't sure where to get one.

I also wanted to keep using my D5 and went with the Barrow. New build hasn't started yet but it feels solid. I would look into it.

I thought about the P8 before getting my P7 but I just don't have enough stuff to put in it that makes it worth taking up the space on my small desk. Looks awesome though. Definitely interested to see what you do with it.
...thanks; yeah it's huge...but will mod it for dual mobos

·
Registered
751 Posts
Dropped off the main chassis of my P7 - aka the P5 - to be powder coated yesterday. I ended up going with a color called "dazzing blue", bluish/purplish with some sparkle.

First experience getting a case powder coated. There are caveats about how the color translates to metal of different thickness but the shop told me the swatch is a fairly accurate representation. Hope that's true but won't know until I see it in person in a couple of weeks.

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin and J7SC

·
Registered
751 Posts
My P5 setup.

Thanks for looking (y)
Love it. Is the front panel completely new or did you modify the case?

Are the 4 blue squares just reservoir space? Great looking rig!
yeah. They’re Barrow. I seriously considered using them but my P5 sits next to the wall on the right side so having sideways rad isn’t ideak

·
Registered
751 Posts
Got a quick photo from the powder coating place. Case is finally done and I'm picking up tomorrow. Can't wait to see it in person

• Rep+
Reactions: dwolvin

·
Registered
751 Posts
Definitely looks better in person. You can't really convey it in a photo but it has that chameleon effect of shifting from blue to purplish depending on angle and light and the starry effect is really nice.

Only thing I'm not pleased with is the shop managed to introduce some very thin scratches near the bottom portion of the front of the case while they were doing the work. Thankfully they'll be covered by hardware and the one that probably won't is almost invisible.

I am considering a new cable management solution for this one instead of a cable raceway fixed to the edge like my current which will involve using a hole saw to create an additional circular hole about halfway between where DisplayPort will come out of GPU and USB cables from mobo, installing a grommet. Basically just repeating what's already at the bottom of the edge of the case higher up, then feeding cables inside the case and out from that existing bottom hole. I am afraid of screwing up the powder coat if I don't get a really nice, clean hole so I'm going to practice on one of the side chassis (which I won't be using) to see what the best approach is.

• Rep+
Reactions: Bart and J7SC

·
Invalid Media
4,400 Posts
^^very nice ! ...I saw a BMW X6M the other day which had those lighting effects, albeit going from green to purple to blue depending on the angle of the light :love:

...also looking forward to see your new cable management approach (I started my dual mobo P8 build re. stage 1/layout markings etc after all components checked out on the test bench)...cable management will be key, may be I can borrow some of your new techniques ;) .I loaded up on Dremel tool metal cutting wheels, and also drill assemblies

·
Registered
751 Posts
^^very nice ! ...I saw a BMW X6M the other day which had those lighting effects, albeit going from green to purple to blue depending on the angle of the light :love:

...also looking forward to see your new cable management approach (I started my dual mobo P8 build re. stage 1/layout markings etc after all components checked out on the test bench)...cable management will be key, may be I can borrow some of your new techniques ;) .I loaded up on Dremel tool metal cutting wheels, and also drill assemblies
Did you drill into your current build? If so what was your experience? I've encountered a lot of messy holes with crap splintered from the exit but I think I think I drilled at too fast a speed and this time I'm going to use drilling oil and a slightly better bit. I really don't want to screw up the powder coat on the side of the case with a bad drill job, especially because it's going to be a pretty big hole.

As for the color, yea - I've always been obsessed with the color shifting combos and blue to purplish/blue is my favorite. Took a video to show the effect:

• Rep+
Reactions: Bart

·
Invalid Media
4,400 Posts
^^ that looks great :) . I haven't started drilling yet into the Core P8, just marking it with tape for required dimensions and through-holes etc. However, I have cut and drilled extensively into the Core P5 ('Orca' below) to get 10x 1/2 inch cooling tubes back and forth....I prefer the Dremel cutting wheel approach though do have metal hole saw drill bits (up to 2 inches)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wish I could take this to get laser cut but did a couple of practice cuts with a hole saw in one of the side chassis and I think I need to maximize the speed for a cleaner hole but realistically I think it's going to be impossible to avoid stripping some of the powder coat at the edges.

Thankfully, the grommets I picked will completely cover it. The grommet is actually a little small for the hole so I just stuck some rubber bands around the internal. I stuck it in the factory opening of the main chassis in the last pic and I really like the look. I think I'm going to end up creating two new holes: one for my DP and HDMI cables and one above that for the USB cables. I think this is going to turn out really well and much cleaner and better than the cable raceway solution I have now

• Rep+
Reactions: J7SC
3521 - 3540 of 3551 Posts