Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had seen some pictures of this cooler on a sabertooth even on one Newegg's test benches. I was also told on here 1156 and 1155 were the same so it would work. It doesn't. I tonight realized why it had been sitting crooked on my mobo. The back plate can't sit down all the way because of these. I figured a picture would help. Damn it. (Posted this in the mobo section as well. If that's a problem please delete.) 400

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude, I've got the same problem. That grouping of transistors (I think thats what they are) is right in the way. I've also been getting 70C load temps with the dual push-pull fans on the Frio w/ my 3770k at stock, probably because its sitting unevenly on the CPU.

I emailed Thermaltake about the issue, but haven't gotten an answer yet. I really hope the pressure on the transistors isn't going to damage them, I've had the cooler on for a few days.
worriedsmiley.gif

I saw someone with a Corsair H100 and the Sabertooth Z77 over on the forum I usually post on, and its backplate didn't interfere with the transistors. Might pick up one of the Corsair coolers just to avoid this problem. I can't be sure what coolers have backplates that will work with this board.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been wanting a h100 anyway, but I'm low on funds after doing this build. It's good to know it doesn't interfere with them. I see a simple solution to this, but I'm waiting on an email from Thermaltake myself. I'm going to use a dremel and cut out a small rectangle just where those transistors (I'm pretty sure transistors is the correct term).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update from Thermaltake email. Nice Engrish.

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for contacting Thermaltake Customer Service.
Design of cooler is base on Intel's Mobo. And most of LGA 1156/1155 Mobo don't have extra components so closed to back of CPU socket.
example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121533
Thermaltake USA Customer Service
1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM ~ 5:30PM (P.S.T)
Great savings on premium Thermaltake products at Thermaltake Store (www.thermaltakeusa.com/store)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts