2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Thermaltake Ruby Orb out, its like the Blue Orb but it has a aluminum core

LINK

Not the best cooler in the world but looks the mutts nuts

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
OMG!! First blue now red, what's next limited edition yellow? And then in a year the gold and silver comes out... do we have to catch them all?

<Shivers and rocks back and forth in his corner having Pokemon flashbacks>
<drools>

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
OMG!! First blue now red, what's next limited edition yellow? And then in a year the gold and silver comes out... do we have to catch them all?

<drools>
ROTFL!!!!!

I miss pokemon....

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Seriously though, aluminum?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, does seem a little silly.

I know the Blue Orb is'nt great but this could have been made with a copper core, a new product but a step back in effectiveness

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cokker
Hmm, does seem a little silly.

I know the Blue Orb is'nt great but this could have been made with a copper core, a new product but a step back in effectiveness

maybe they thought that could get away with just using Aluminum with a high cfm fan, as it has got 77cfm fan on it

i bet production costs forced this move though

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just found this quote,

Quote:
The Ruby Orb differs from our famous Blue Orb II in that it is made of entirely aluminum for weight reduction. Acknowledging the efficiency change and the low-wattage CPUs that Intel and AMD are releasing in 2006, all-aluminum CPU heatsinks are much more cost-effective and practical.
Source

So as CPU's are putting out less heat (stock of course) that means they can make coolers out of cheaper materials, thanks Thermaltake i guess people with older CPU's are out of luck?

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Browsing around the Tt site I notice they have a lot of neat crap. And by crap I mean stuff that just looks cool but doesn't do too much else.

I want 3 of these:

2 for the back and 1 with the CPU adapter:
LL

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki

<drools>
ahaha..very humorous there.

I think the orbs all look pretty decent aesthetically. Not sure about performance. Those things are huge in terms of diameter. -_-

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They do look very nice, if the Ruby Orb had a copper core id buy it and a load of red fans etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts