Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, installed it and I am gettin the same temps I did with my old heatsink/fan 40/50. Put As5 on there 2 bb drops spread it around, tightened it on there real good. 2 90mm 85cmf fans turned at half speed, full speed makes no difference. Do I have to wait a couple days for the temp to drop or what? Otherwise ***? These temps are according to Speed Fan, but even if it was lying, that means my other heatsink was just as good.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OzziKing

This was my old one.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...150-041&depa=0

you would think the tower would blow it away...

I had my "silent tower" do the same thing. it had to much paste on it. I removed the cooler....cleaned off the cooler ONLY.....re-spread the grease left on the cpu and re-installed the cooler.....temps dropped 8 degrees within 24hrs....also make sure all 4 corners are EXCATLY the same height. that cooler should kill the other one. i get load temps of 42 at stock speeds....48-49 at 25%oc at 3.75 with vcore at 1.55.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, damn, took everything apart put barely any on it at all and smeared it all over the surface about paper width and after an hour of work only a couple degree decrease, i guess ill wait a couple days for it to "cure". Im sick im tired and im fustrated im goin to bed.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

try getting another program instead of speed and and how are ur fans oriented as in how are they blowing

I checked it in BIOS same temps. <----case fan <-----90mm on tower ----(tower)---- <----- 90mm on tower

Push pull config blowing out the back of my case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts