Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
All I have to say is no.....I have heard nothing but BAD <---- (that's in caps...caps = serious *****)

The Zalman VF700-CU is a sexy air cooler. It's the best air cooler if you ask me. I had one and it rocked. I've also heard good things about the Thermalright Video Cooler.

But to get back on topic...don't cut corrners when it comes to WCing. If you're going to do it do it right. $78 is about about a 1/3 of an amazing system and a bit under 1/2 of a decent system that will cool your CPU and GPU with WAY (note the caps again) better temps then that POS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
THe thermaltake cooler looks to be an interseting concept, but im wondering it if it cools any better then the stock cooling?

Any reviews out their btw??

Gues I was wrong, here's an interesting review:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/T...take/TideWater

But still it only preforms a bit better then an artic silencer and it actualy poduces more noise then an artic silencer rev5...

so' im not realy shure, at least the silencer also cools the memory and it costs less...

To bad they diidn't took the zalman vf700 Copper version in the test :S

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
well actually, I read a review on this today. And really the only difference between a Tide water and a Arctic Cooler is the Temperatures, the TideWater keeps it about 5C-8C lower than most air coolers but your basically paying $40-$60 for somthing that you really don't even need, in the review, they were overclocking an X800 Pro, with the stock cooler at 100% speed, they got a maximum core clock of 582MHz, with the TideWater they got a maximum core clock of 591MHz, now please tell me that you aren't willing to pay up to $60 bucks for a 9MHz increase for your videocard, becuase if you are you aren't very smart.

As well as not making that much of a difference in overclocking, you still have to get ramsinks, with the Arctic Silencer,it comes with ramsinks (part of the heatsinks copper base) so you don't have to worry about that, trust me. Get an Arctic Silencer or a Zalman VF700-Cu.

Review: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/T...ke/TideWater/1

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Th3Eagle
Don't forget the fact that the unit uses 2 extra pci slots just to mount it in the system..
:withstupi:withstupi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts