Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yea they're good. There are some better ones out there, naturally, but you won't beat that price. There was an issue those fans from Jab Tech a while back but from what I hear, that's pretty much resolved.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yes, but these PTS Yate Loons are better. The Petras Tech ones are known to be quieter. I would get these if you can wait until they return in stock, or just buy the Jab-tech ones if you can't wait or like the price.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i havent used a comptuer for a year. have been using my macbook.

i keep hearing its really loud, and i dont want to purchase a fan controller.

how loud is it really?
ill have 3 yateloons running at 100% and a gtx 285 maybe at 70%

how "loud" would that be .
cause i mean.. when im gaming ill have the sound on..

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123
View Post

well i havent used a comptuer for a year. have been using my macbook.

i keep hearing its really loud, and i dont want to purchase a fan controller.

how loud is it really?
ill have 3 yateloons running at 100% and a gtx 285 maybe at 70%

how "loud" would that be .
cause i mean.. when im gaming ill have the sound on..

when you are gaming you won't hear it especially if you have headphones on but when you are just surfing the net it is annoyingly loud. It's not like extremely loud but it is loud or a computer fan like i can hear this thing when i was halfway downstairs and my computer is about 10ft from the stairs. Problem is the fan that is making the noise on my computer for some reason won't slow down when i turn it down on the fan controller, the other 2 do.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have a slipstream fan (incredibly loud, much louder than the YL's) and two of these Yate Loons and my graphics card fan turned up to 80%. I can't hear them when I game. I can sleep almost right next to them and not be bothered. They're loud (I can hear them from the hall if the door is open) but keep your headphones on and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:

View Post

like is it like a really annoying? like you get really pissed annoying? lol

at first they are annoying but after awhile you get used to it but right now the one side fan is really really really annoying the hell out of me. I dont know why its whining and the others are quiet but i will figure it out. Like the person above me said if you wear headphones you cant hear it also if you have a controller, which i would recommend getting, you can turn them down and they wont be annoying or loud.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have three of these fans, two High Speed rated ones and one Low Speed rated. I don't find it to be THAT annoying.

Get a fan controller all the same.

^^^ the silverstone fan controller for 20 bucks is the same I've got. I have two daisy-chained fans on one controller and another one on my AC Freezer 7 Pro. It works like a charm. It's got front 3.5" bay mounting as well as the bracket mounting on the back!

EDIT: Take your pick for colors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...roller&x=0&y=0

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so about the yate loons at jab tech.. are they authentic now? they changed the problem or.... anyone know anything about the yate loons frm jab tech?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
People who have been buying them recently haven't had problems. I occasionally get a clicking noise or two at start-up, but on rare occasions. I bought mine back in January. Since then, people have been saying they haven't had a problem at all.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Quote:

View Post

so about the yate loons at jab tech.. are they authentic now? they changed the problem or.... anyone know anything about the yate loons frm jab tech?

Just buy your Yate Loon fans from Petra's then you won't have to question whether or not the jabtech ones are okay or not.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It is strange i have like 4 yate loons in my case, 3 exhaust from the back and 2 on the top and 1 intake on the side right behind the video card. When i turn them up full speed the temps drop maybe 1C at most. I think i need to replace my fan grills with those circle ones that allow more air to go through.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts