Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Two groups have beaten Diablo 3 in a mere seven hours, playing on the Normal difficulty setting.

Diablo 3 is officially out the door and in the hands of PC gamers worldwide after a long 12-year wait. The game was actually announced by Blizzard on June 28, 2008 but went into development long before that -- just one year after Blizzard published Diablo 2 in 2000. Needless to say, for Diablo fans, the wait was horrendous whether it was four years or 12 years.

With that timeframe in mind, there are reports that a group of four Korean gamers completed the campaign in seven hours -- that's from the opening sequence to defeating the final boss, Diablo himself -- playing on the normal difficulty setting. A second group of Chinese players also defeated Diablo in the same amount of time. Both parties even took screenshots of the defeated boss lying dead on the ground as proof of their victory (Korea shot, China shot).
Source

Edit: Diablo 3 beaten in 5 hours-35 minutes speed run. (Video has spoilers!)

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Finishing the game =/= enjoying the game, Its been 2 days since release I think im about to finally finish act 1.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onex View Post

Finishing the game =/= enjoying the game, Its been 2 days since release I think im about to finally finish act 1.
Agreed. My friend and I spent 5 hours finishing Act 1. I've logged about 22 hours and just beat the game. I'd prefer to enjoy the game over just rushing through it.

With that being said 7 of the 16 "Top News" Threads are about D3. Awesome.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have the game, but honestly with all of the issues they have been having I have just been waiting to play it. I balance my game time anymore, lately I have been playing so many games it's kinda crazy but why rush?

My normal game session includes me playing multiple games as I see fit, if I get bored with one, I play another and so on. I personally never rush... it's like getting a big ass juicy steak and then eating it so fast that you can't even taste it... makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
913 Posts
if you look at the achievements for Diablo III :
complete Act I under 1 h
complete Act II under 1 h
complete Act III under 1 h
complete Act IV under 1 h

so... they suck !!!

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
1 Difficulty setting in Diablo isn't the same as 1 Difficulty setting in most games in my book. It's always been a game that's been made to replay harder and harder difficulties until it's beaten and your char is for the most part, maxed out.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
There are always going to be power players that rush through games. It certainly doesn't make me hesitate about my purchase or anything like that. I like exploring in Diablo and getting all the corners of the maps discovered. Some people don't, and that's fine, because it's a game where you can choose how you want to play it.

Who cares.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodhanth View Post

Defeating it in one difficulty does not count as "finishing" the game. Atleast not in my books.
tongue.gif
Pretty sure it counts for having been through the entire story and exploring most/good part of the game. I was expecting it be more that 16 hours. This game, not living up to expectations with the mmo style always online DRM to protect the real money auction house and economy, and it's 16 hour campaign and bugs. I think i'll be plenty happy with the guest pass.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post

Pretty sure it counts for having been through the entire story and exploring most/good part of the game. I was expecting it be more that 16 hours. This game, not living up to expectations with the mmo style always online DRM to protect the real money auction house and economy, and it's 16 hour campaign and bugs. I think i'll be plenty happy with the guest pass.
Never been Diablo's style of gameplay. I mean seriously. You can rush through D2 normal mode in like 30 minutes. All of the gaming is usually focused in the Hell difficulty where players just do boss runs to level up. Pretty much how's it's always been. To expect anything different...

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
Some of you are saying that it takes longer. Lets say 20-30 hours. What happens after? Move on?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I haven't tried Diablo 3 yet but in Diablo 2 (With the expansions) you could finish the whole game in just about 20-30 minutes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wasn't it that 'completing' a game was considered 100% (or maxing, hardest difficulty complete with all challenges, etc) whilst finishing is simply getting to the end and winning?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai? View Post

Wasn't it that 'completing' a game was considered 100% (or maxing, hardest difficulty complete with all challenges, etc) whilst finishing is simply getting to the end and winning?
Notice how it doesn't say completed. It says beaten. Implying that Diablo has been beaten.

1 - 20 of 423 Posts