Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my brand new LG 34uc98 developed purple vertical line running all the way from up to down, on the left side on the screen, like 2cm from the left bezel. It vanished twice on its own, but returned back again....it stays regardless of what is displayed on the screen, desktop or website, still there. Even rebooted the computer, but did not help...
Any clue what is going on and whether its possible to fix it somehow on my own without sending it to rma and wait few weeks for replacement? I am fairly unhappy about this.

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,704 Posts
Could just be a loose ribbon cable inside the monitor. Usually is a bad panel though. Probably best to RMA if is its under warranty

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman_90 View Post

Could just be a loose ribbon cable inside the monitor. Usually is a bad panel though. Probably best to RMA if is its under warranty
Thanks! Not what i wanted to hear..... i have it since last friday; so i guess rma it is then.

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
Try swapping cables, connectors etc.
Could be a bad cable. If nothing changes, using different cables and ports, try a different source (media player for eg)
If its still there after all of that, Sorry but RMA it is.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemTech View Post

Try swapping cables, connectors etc.
Could be a bad cable. If nothing changes, using different cables and ports, try a different source (media player for eg)
If its still there after all of that, Sorry but RMA it is.
So i am going to return it tomorrow...and i will take something else instead. The question is, what?

There are 2 possibilities:

1. i stick to Ultrawide Curved, in which case i definitely want to go even bigger than 34 inch - ultimately i am finding out the display, while wide, is not as tall as i expected compared to my old 24 incher. So i guess 38inch it is - however, i have only 2 choices basically, either LG 38UC99 or ViewSonic VP3881. There are bunch of videos showing LG display on Utube, pretty much only one about ViewSonic. No professional reviews of either one, AFAIK. Would you take that ViewSonic, is it a good brand? Its cheaper of the 2 and at 1300 EUROs pretty much max i am willing to pay.

2. i go flat 4K. In which case its between BenQ PD3200U, LG 32UD89 or 99 with fake HDR or Asus PA328Q... BenQ being the cheapest, even cheaper than the ultrawide LG i am about to return, LGs on other hand at 1030/1180 EUROs for 89/99.... LGs have thinner bezels and look better, but there are not really any reviews for them, while this particular BenQ seems to be fairly well reviewed....

So what would you do in my place? I suppose 32 inch display is somewhat more suited for my needs in the end, cause i do mostly CAD work and watch Netflix shows, which are 16:9... but i kinda got used to this curved ultrawide thing by now, even if its not perfect...and i did not even had time to play some games properly to find out how the increased field of view improves gameplay....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts