Overclock.net banner

E8400 Decsion

• This guy is legit, Get it and water cool it!

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • He's lieing about stabilty, What a joke

Votes: 80 89.9%
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm really thinking of picking this chip up for my board ( Ep45 ud3p)

and i was wondering if you think this guy is the real deal? he says he hit it on air and was stable, i run water so i was thinking it could be a very very fast chip

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/C...-277546938.htm

Shoot your opinions guys

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
the guys name is suckerrules... smells like scammer to me...

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I don't have a vote yet, but I am rather suspicious because he says he needs the money "urgently!!!".

But I'll tell you something: my E8400 can do 4.5 GHz too. I can even use my system long enough to post a screenshot and save it so that I can post it later. But I bet my system would crash or else BSOD within a few seconds after saving the screenshot. So, I mean that this guy probably only had it at 4.5 GHz for just a minute or 2 so that he could post this screenshot.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It's possible. What cooler did he use? Why would you change out your quad though? Just save your money and upgrade to a Westmere quadcore in a year or so.

You're doing more of a side-grade than an upgrade unless you're looking at pure gaming potential; even then, hardly worth your money. Get an SSD, you'll see more of an improvement in EVERYTHING.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
easily? 4.5ghz? air?

i'd imagine it's not as easy as it sounds, as the only E8400 i've seen hit 4.5ghz on air was meticadpa's, and he said he benched it at that speed and didn't keep it as a stable clock

ask what volts he used, and what cooler he used. maybe a prime95/ orthos shot as well, for 8 or so hours: a CPU-Z shot won't be enough for stability, as who's to say the chip didn't cause a BSOD 15 seconds later?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he says he got overnight prime stable, and if its on air you guys thinking 4.6-4.7 water?? at maybe 1.4v?

I might go ask to see this chip in person before i pick it up.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkraid View Post
My E84 needs 1.408vcore for 4.258Ghz stable with a VID of 1.262....

Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^ View Post
easily? 4.5ghz? air?

i'd imagine it's not as easy as it sounds, as the only E8400 i've seen hit 4.5ghz on air was meticadpa's, and he said he benched it at that speed and didn't keep it as a stable clock

ask what volts he used, and what cooler he used. maybe a prime95/ orthos shot as well, for 8 or so hours: a CPU-Z shot won't be enough for stability, as who's to say the chip didn't cause a BSOD 15 seconds later?
Guys: I sincerely doubt that this guy's E8400 was stable at the 4.5 GHz. I think he just cranked it to 4.5 GHz just to take this screenshot. I can do the same thing, but that doesn't mean it's stable. That's probably why he doesn't have a CPU-Z Validation.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
"How stable is it at 4.5? 12 hours of prime? 200 linx passes? evostevoviii (2 ) 5:36 pm, Sun 14 Mar
Answer: its really stable, and prime ran overnight still stable. 6:12 pm, Sun 14 Mar
Question: Never let you down.. Only used for a week.. lol (Sorry man, couldn't resist) bendybruce (64 ) 7:38 pm, Sun 14 Mar
Answer: lol i know a week isnt that long. thanks for the quote 7:52 pm, Sun 14 Mar
Question: could you post a screen shot of it 6 hour prime stable at 4.5? evostevoviii (2 ) 6:26 pm, Fri 19 Mar
Answer: Sorry but i already disassembled my pc and I have no ddr2 ram to boot it up because I already sold them. Sorry 7:41 pm, Fri 19 Mar
"

He's full of **** and excuses

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLADEY View Post
he says he got overnight prime stable, and if its on air you guys thinking 4.6-4.7 water?? at maybe 1.4v?

I might go ask to see this chip in person before i pick it up.
Ok, now I think that's a huge lie. But now I would like to know what this E8400's VID is. As I said: I can get my E8400 at 4.50 GHz long enough just to take a screenshot and save it. It's actually pretty easy.

Edit: Oh. I guess there's no chance of finding that out.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll ask him what its VID is if he doesnt give me a straight up answer its total BS

·
Gamer
3,575 Posts
I wouldn't buy that CPU, I got my CPU to 4.7ghz on air with a Freezer Pro 7 @ 1.486v, but I had to stick my computer by the window in 20 degree weather so the temps didn't go over 70c.

·
old-timer
439 Posts
New Zealanders dont really scam that much :L

Go pick it up and ask him if you can take it back if you find it doesnt run as well as you wanted.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLADEY View Post
I'll ask him what its VID is if he doesnt give me a straight up answer its total BS
I dunno. I think all he did was crank it to 4.5 GHz, took the screenshot, saved it, posted it, shut down, and then disassembled the rig. I can do the same thing right now if you want. And y'know, I can also say that it is stable 24/7 with all 3 tests in Prime95.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts