1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox
the mobo is alright but for that price its a great deal
Think that Board will hold ther processor back from Over clocking?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jatw
Anyone think this is a good deal and worth the money? It seems pretty good to me. If so how do the 3400's OC?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...=MBM-A8VD-3400
That seems to be a very good deal... The CPU itself is over 200 bucks if I'm not mistaken. The S939 3400+ should overclock like most A64's. At least a good 300mhz but most likely more than that.

Asus is a good motherboard maker (their mobos are stable, durable), maybe not the best overclockers, but it should give you a decent overclock at least, and for that price, you cant really ask for more.... Ususally they would give you a 3400 and a ECS mobo for that money

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
thats a pretty nice deal, although it urks me that I cannot find a 939 3400 on AMDs website.

The cpu roadmap shows it, but I cant find it on www.amd.com

the 3400 has a multiplier of 11, which is decent for overclocking, most people shoot for the 3000 or 3200 because of the lower multipliers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
thats a pretty nice deal, although it urks me that I cannot find a 939 3400 on AMDs website.

the 3400 has a multiplier of 11, which is decent for overclocking, most people shoot for the 3000 or 3200 because of the lower multipliers.
I could be wrong but I do hear that the 3200 is one of the best OCable cpus. Is this correct? For some reason Tigerdirect is not selling them either...maybe they are discontinueing them soon?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

You seem to be right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts