Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the gtx 470 last week and its a great card and all, but is lacking the oomph for my monitor's 2048x1152 rez. Has anyone gone through the step up process, and how long did it take you all to get your new card? Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
You might want to see what the timeline is on the 485 or w/e it's going to be called. You can only step up once and rumor has it the next card will be like $525. You might see it within 90 days. Maybe.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just did a step up to a 480 GTX. It took exactly 6 days from the day I shipped my card until I got the 480, and I'm in Canada. I shipped my old card with an overnight service. 24 hours after they received my old card, they shipped the 480.

IMHO, it's a real quick turn around time.

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
You might want to see what the timeline is on the 485 or w/e it's going to be called. You can only step up once and rumor has it the next card will be like $525. You might see it within 90 days. Maybe.
yeah i want to hold out for that one but who knows when it will actually release

Thanks yall for the info

·
Gaming Enthusiast
2,174 Posts
I have 10 days remaining on my 470 stepup and have been thinking the same thing! Does anybody know if they cross-ship stepups?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Celeras
View Post

I have 10 days remaining on my 470 stepup and have been thinking the same thing! Does anybody know if they cross-ship stepups?

there is no cross shipping on steps ups.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9KRacing
View Post

There's no guarantee that any new card will be added to the step up options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts