Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new mouse. I currently am using a sensei which is ok. The sensor is all goofed and shape is ok. Primarily looking for fingertip mouse. Something light with a good sensor. I was looking at the G303 and it looks perfect but I have read many reviews of the sensor shaking and causing jitter from it shaking. I was just wondering if they have put out new batches and fixed this and would it be safe to buy one now or wait.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckmoney View Post

I am looking for a new mouse. I currently am using a sensei which is ok. The sensor is all goofed and shape is ok. Primarily looking for fingertip mouse. Something light with a good sensor. I was looking at the G303 and it looks perfect but I have read many reviews of the sensor shaking and causing jitter from it shaking. I was just wondering if they have put out new batches and fixed this and would it be safe to buy one now or wait.
if you have a bestbuy nearbuy, you should buy it from there. i may be lucky, but I bought 3 g303's from bestbuy and not a single one of them had the rattle. you can return it same day for another mouse if you find out if it has rattle too
smile.gif

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything I should look for to know that version rattles? Like a number or something in the box? How come you got 3?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Quote:

Is there anything I should look for to know that version rattles? Like a number or something in the box? How come you got 3?
I made a mistake. I brought one from amazon* and two from bestbuy. I have two g303's now, I bought them for cheap during black friday from bestbuy. I had to return the one from amazon because it had rattle. but it was prior to 6 months before i bought two g303's from bestbuy. my S/N on the box starts with 1513LZ..

If I were you I would just buy it from bestbuy if you have one nearby and it's easy to see if you have sensor rattle. All you do is just flick your mouse and let go of your hand from the mouse. If the cursor moves on your monitor, you have the sensor rattle(, when you do this you must make sure the cord itself isn't making the mouse move tho)

Also, Bestbuy price matches amazon

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. Is the sensor in the G303 good? Been using a Sensei and there is accel in it. Looking for consistency in a sensor. I don't really keep up with that stuff. Just got back into gaming and have no idea what is good anymore.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:

Sounds good. Is the sensor in the G303 good? Been using a Sensei and there is accel in it. Looking for consistency in a sensor. I don't really keep up with that stuff. Just got back into gaming and have no idea what is good anymore.
The 3366 is considered the best you can get right now besides the MLT04.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked mine up today and so far there is no sensor shake! S/N on bottom started with 1542LZ. These mouse glides so smooth and definitely has a premium feel to it. The buttons are by far the best i have used on any mouse thus far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Quote:

Picked mine up today and so far there is no sensor shake! S/N on bottom started with 1542LZ. These mouse glides so smooth and definitely has a premium feel to it. The buttons are by far the best i have used on any mouse thus far.
good news
thumb.gif
... glad u got a good one

·
Registered
144 Posts
My 6th one arrived last week (5 from amazon) had a little rattle, really cba sending it back again so I tightened the screws inside and it seems to have to the trick for now >_<

But yeah, avoid amazon if you can, their eu store anyway!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboysam View Post

My 6th one arrived last week (5 from amazon) had a little rattle, really cba sending it back again so I tightened the screws inside and it seems to have to the trick for now >_<

But yeah, avoid amazon if you can, their eu store anyway!
6th?! Watch out. Amazon might lock your account for all the returns you've made
wink.gif

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
You guys sure you're not paranoid? My g303 can make a noise if I swing it back and forth hard enough but it's not a real hard core noise.. I've used 3 and none of them rattled. Also if it's been revised why not order directly from Logitech since that would guarantee the latest re work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts