Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure about it though. I currently have a P35-DS3R and I can get my chip to 3.7 but that's about as high it will go while being stable. Vdroop on this board is not good either, so...

do you think I should get the board? What other advantages could there possibly be aside overclocking?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
that board is very good for overclocking and good for the price.
i would recommend it

i bet it has vdroop control and many overclocking features. and it's a gigabyte so it's very stable

maybe better raid, more stable, faster chipset

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But do you think the 3.7GHz is the limitation of the chip or the board? Or is there no way to tell? I don't really want to spend £100 to find that I can't get it any faster

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I have a gigabyte EP45-UD3L and I can easily hit 500+fsb on a quad, so I believe the UD3R would be a fine choice and I'm willing to bet you'd see a nice increase in MHz on your overclock.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
That's not something that could be be predicted. I bet some people got there chips further and others found that they already had their max oc, and didn't get further.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to get the UD3P over the UD3R?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
UD3R has ddr2+ddr3 doesnt it?
why not just get the UD3P?
The R just has one pci-e

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to get the R because I will probably never have 2 GPU's. I have Nvidia at the moment so I couldn't get another one anyway

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I think it would end up being a gamble, and not worth it.

Yes those ud3* boards are great, but there's no saying that you haven't hit the chip limit.

Ask yourself if 200ish Mhz is worth the money. (Guessing on your increase in oc)

Just my oppinion.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

The UD3R and UD3P only differ by one extra PCI-E and one extra gigabit lan jack. They're both DDR2.

Is it really worth the upgrade right now? A 3.7ghz quad-core is plenty while the software catches up. Better idea is to go i7 or wait for 32nm.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DUNC4N View Post
I think it would end up being a gamble, and not worth it.

Yes those ud3* boards are great, but there's no saying that you haven't hit the chip limit.

Ask yourself if 200ish Mhz is worth the money. (Guessing on your increase in oc)

Just my oppinion.
I agree thats a pretty good overclock already my guess is you could get to 4.0 with LLC turned on but its not a sure thing. I know the UD3R wont limit your overclock thats for sure

·
Premium Member
20,530 Posts
Quote:

DDR2 only

The DDR3 version is the EP45T

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.derp View Post
Double the bandwidth for your video. IDK, you could get a few more fps
. I think it's a good looking board too.
doubling bandwidth is a myth dude

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1.275v vid

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you think I could get it to 4GHz? Bare in mind 1.55v isnt even enough to get 3.8 stable. I'm just not sure if that's the chips fault or the boards?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts