Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a new graphics card around Christmas time and would like some help deciding which one to buy.

  • Must be Nvidia
  • Price range of up to £250
  • Main use will be gaming
I have looked at the 650 Ti, 650 Ti Boost, 660, 660 Ti, 670, Low End 680, 760, Low end 770.

I would like advice on which offer the best performance for gaming.

Thanks
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,734 Posts
You have not listed your PSU

So what do you have

The reason is ask is if you want a new video card you sould be sure you can power it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

You have not listed your PSU

So what do you have

The reason is ask is if you want a new video card you sould be sure you can power it
My Current PSU is 450W, however it doesn't have the connectors required for a high performance GPU, so i will be getting a new one if i buy a new GPU.
What size PSU do you recommend for these cards?
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLangstone View Post

My Current PSU is 450W, however it doesn't have the connectors required for a high performance GPU, so i will be getting a new one if i buy a new GPU.
What size PSU do you recommend for these cards?
If you only want one then a good 550 watts is also you need

Something like a Rosewill Capstone

But which 450 watts do you have you might not even need to upgrade it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

If you only want one then a good 550 watts is also you need

Something like a Rosewill Capstone

But which 450 watts do you have you might not even need to upgrade it
It is not branded, it came with the case that i bought for £45. The PSU will need upgrading as it does not have PCIE connectors.
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLangstone View Post

It is not branded, it came with the case that i bought for £45. The PSU will need upgrading as it does not have PCIE connectors.
Yeah and i bet its not worth a damm anyway even if it had PCI-E cables
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top