Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get rid of my current case and get something smaller. I'm thinking case labs Bullet.

Considering that I would need a new Mobo and PSU to go mITX and my 8gb of ram taking up 4 slots is obsolete and I need to start fresh to go higher anyway I thought I would get a ryzen. My understanding is I should get a good increase from my 4690k. My intention would be to reuse as much as I could from my current build. I think all I would need to get is Case, Mobo, CPU, Ram and PSU. Budget isn't a huge concern but I would like to be able to OC like normal which is where I was having my issues understanding well while researching ITX.

Was hoping you all could confirm that 4690k to 1700x makes sense and that I can still OC normally in ITX. Then help me pick out some parts.

EDIT: Somehow I missed mATX. That seems way more up my alley. And caselabs makes a version of the bullet for it.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Yeah 8C/16T is a worthy upgrade to do. ITX boards vary and so does support for OC on them, regardless of platform, they tend to be more basic.
I just really want to go SFF. I mean I was never a crazy overclocker. I pretty much only mess with clock speed and voltage. But I was hoping to hit 3.8 at the very least. The few reviews I can find seem to say the Gigabyte and Asrock ones do pretty well.

I'm not sure how I overlooked mATX. That seems more what I want. Less stripped down but not as small. Still small enough for what I want though I think. What would you guys suggest for Mobo/Ram/CPU/PSU/Cooler. Not sure if my noctua will work yet still researching.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
You should probably get a new PSU soon no matter what as the old HX1000 units have been dying at a pretty steep rate for the past few years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts