Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a MSI TF7970 and trying to get eyefinity working but i cant get the 3rd monitor to detect
im connecting them like this

DVI
mini DP
mini DP

both have an active converter and it even says it on the converter
so im not sure why its not detecting can anyone help me please? drivers are 14.3 beta

using 3 ADC 20"

·
Registered
917 Posts
Are you using mini do converters to something else. The reason I ask is on my 6990 I could not get 4 HDMI working but I could swap out to other converters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sorry I have no idea for that. If you can disable on of the devices and the other one works and you can always get 2 monitors working but not a 3rd it might be the same problem i had. Eyefinity does not seem to like duplicated conversion devices. The only thing I could suggest would be use Display Port or check with people who use the Apple displays more. I am sorry i'm not more help.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey man at least u tried unlike others... i appreciate that, and u may be right i have ordered some displayport to dvi from DX but its taking forever to come...
what i have noticed is this

i have 3 monitors and they work like this : from post to boot | ON | |OFF| |ON|
after i get to windows they go like this : |OFF| |ON| |ON|
that tells me that the card CAN read all of them and it did display the image on all monitors at one point or another but not at same time
why didn't ati foresee something like this... they think people got millions of dollars and can go buy new hardware at will... they never thing of the little guy who has to use 10Y/O monitors...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts