Overclock.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sweet, another excellent option. Thanks UltraMega! List has gotten pretty long in the last couple days. I find with game developers it's hit or miss the last couple years. There are the Creed games and they are a pretty good purchase. Plenty of open world to explore. The latest valhalla even went so far as to give you the option of complete explorative freedom. Limited guidance used to follow the story. Made for some interesting discoveries. Instead of the typical grinding to level up. Was easy to level up just exploring.

You're gonna hate me but KINGS BABY.... GO LA. Was lucky enough to meet Gretzky and Rudy as a kid (whole team actually). Dad's buddy is the grandson of the Great Eddie G - last goalie to play without a facemask - he was our connect back then.

Games - sure as **** I'm a COD junkie (Warzone) but I do love me some Division 2 which I haven't dived to far into since my RX480 could not hack it beyond 44FPS. Now that I've got a 6800XT - its GAME TIME. I'll PM you - we'll play!
Too funny. We live in alabama at the moment and I have friends we tease because football is so big down here. They yell auburn and we yell back GO BLUE! gets them every time. Ya, I grew up on skates so hockey was a big thing. Got to meet a huge amount of redwings when I was coaching mini-mites. Our program did a charity skate and many members (old and current) all came to skate with the kids. As for Division 2, absolutelyl, hit me up I'll pm my callsign on there. On the weekends I tend to be up pretty late because it's dad's rare quiet time lol But I've got a headset/mic and can play for a bit.

·
Premium Member
10,849 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
2,837 Posts
Plenty of open world to explore. The latest valhalla even went so far as to give you the option of complete explorative freedom. Limited guidance used to follow the story. Made for some interesting discoveries. Instead of the typical grinding to level up.
That describes Wildlands perfectly. If you want you can go into the hardest areas right away, and since enemies have the same HP all throughout the game you can even make a lot of progress in the harder areas without unlocking anything beforehand. I've beat it more than once and on the second playthrough I went straight for the items on the map I wanted to unlock right away. It's also a really good stealth game, almost all the missions can be done with stealth which makes going to the harder areas early a lot more viable. When it's night time you can shoot out literally any and all lights to stay hidden.

I honestly enjoyed the **** out of Wildlands. It's extremely underrated.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks everybody!!! I really appreciate all the game options. I knew about a couple of them, but damn, not that many! I've written them all down to research a bit (already ordered witcher and horizon zero dawn). Think I looked at zero dawn years ago and was a bit bummed it only came out on ps4. So happy they finally released it for PC and the graphics look amazing. No hurry to dive into them right yet, since I'll likely be doing a hand surgery coming up soon (dr. appt in the morning). But it'll give me something to look forward to once I'm healed up. If anything else pop's into your heads, please share it. There's no rush to make it through games and I'll likely be stuck waiting on the new 3080 card until next christmas. So it's pretty cool that my 1070 will play these older games so well.

·
Politically incorrect
9,403 Posts
The Witcher series is very good, however you should start with Witcher 1 rather than just play the third.

• Rep+
Reactions: mouacyk

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,947 Posts
Watch_Dogs.

I just rediscovered this game a few days ago. I've owned it since it was released but I never played more than the first ~20 minutes or so because at the time, I was having a technical problem where the game would crash after 30-45 minutes. This time around, it's working flawlessly for me (I had a rather weak system back then too, so...) and I've put several hours into it so far and I absolutely love it!

I also asked Google to compare Watch_Dogs and Watch_Dogs 2, and I purchased it after reading these:

Watch Dogs 2 is exactly what the original game should have been

5 Ways ‘Watch Dogs 2’ Is Better than the Original

And there's this bonus article: Ten Things I Wish I Knew When I Started 'Watch Dogs 2'

I won't play it until I'm done with the first one though. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
lol ya, started playing that one awhile ago...but same issues as you. Kept crashing and had keyboard mapping issues. So ended up not playing it anymore despite having liked what I had managed to get through. I'll have to check it out again, completely slipped my mind since it was so long ago. Thanks!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,947 Posts
lol ya, started playing that one awhile ago...but same issues as you. Kept crashing and had keyboard mapping issues. So ended up not playing it anymore despite having liked what I had managed to get through. I'll have to check it out again, completely slipped my mind since it was so long ago. Thanks!
You're welcome!

Also, that one review says the first Watch_Dogs takes itself too seriously, but I strongly disagree after what I experienced yesterday. I finally started trying the Digital Trips. lol They are FUN. They even shed a little more light on the story for me as well, particularly the one called "Alone". There's something being spoken fairly frequently in that one that's rather interesting and it's leaving me wondering if I'm going to understand why it's being said once I finish the story.

So yeah, whoa this game is fun and extremely well done. I think it's the best game I've played so far, but that's not saying much because according to the list I made of every game I own, I have 28. lol

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I don't think I saw anyone mention Control yet? Most fun I had in a third person game in a long time, looks great too. If you do get into Dark Souls then Sekiro is also amazing, once you get the hang of it, takes a lot of practice, harder then any of the Dark Souls games IMO.

·
WaterCooler & Overclocker
2,625 Posts
I have a hard time adapting to new games and most of my Steam library has been played less than 10 hours. Then Red Dead Redemption 2 came along. This game is Zelda 64 good. Over the course of 6 months, I played through the entire main story and both epilogues and did most of the side missions. This game checks all your boxes and then some: storyline, graphics, gameplay, 3rd person perspective. Unfortunately I think you need to be connected to the internet to launch the game using the Rockstar launcher and I am not sure if its cloud-save only.
I have to agree here, Red Dead Redemption 2 was a lot of fun. I finished the game and did nearly all the side missions. I spent well over 100 hours on this one.

The latest Tomb Raider games, Tomb Raider (2013), Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider were all great third person games to play as well.

·
Politically incorrect
9,403 Posts
The games nobody has mentioned but are definitely worth playing are Max Payne, especially the first two. The first two are absolutely great, though they might be hard to get running on modern systems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also love the game and have played it more than once. The action system is refreshing.
Another one that I'd recommend is Yakuza 0. Great story.
You play as two protagonists, running around beating up wannabe tough guys. And by beating, I mean completely destroying them. :D

Requires a controller though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I would love to see somebody re-make these two games the RIGHT way... Bloodrayne and Nier Automata. They both had so much potential in both story line as well as game play. Unfortunately they both fell pretty flat.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts