Overclock.net banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
10,925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by millenclutch
View Post

Alright, I finally got off of my my but and bought the parts to my system. I am a noob so any tips or advice would be great (do have a decent understanding of how everything works, however).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.61 (highest temp running P95 is around 66C)
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
OCZ Gold 4x2GB DDR2 800 @ 850 5-5-5-15
Antec Signature SG850 Power Supply
Zalman CNPS9500 w/ Arctic Silver 5
XFX GeForce GTX285
WD 300GB VelociRaptor
2x WD 1TB Caviar Black
Creative X-Fi Titanium
Coolermaster HAF
Windows Vista 64bit

I was surprised at how easily everything went together. Putting the CPU fan on was the worst part, I thought I was going to break it for sure. Pushed the power button and tadda, everything was good to go on the first try. I was hoping to get some suggestions on my overclocking and get input as to how high I'll be able to take it based on what I have so far. I was hoping for 3.8GHz which would put my ram at 890MHz. Which brings me to: what is the highest this ram should go?

Thanks guys.

That ram should be able to do 890 with 2.1v and loose timings.

My advice is to invest in a better CPU cooler, as your temps are going to be holding you back from going much farther. I have the same Zalman on one of my rigs and it is a poor performer. The 3 best options out right now are the TRUE, the Noctua NH-U12P and the Xigmatek S1283, in my opinion. Good work!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.