Overclock.net banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by millenclutch View Post
I'll put that up when I get home from work. Is the vcore the same as the voltage on the first page of CPU-z.
Yep, vCore, CPU voltage, CPUv, etc., are all interchangeable terms for the same value.

Intel's thermal spec for the Q9550 is 71.4°C. It won't do your chip any harm to run it up to 80°C during stress test as the chip will never get that hot except during tests.

For peace-of-mind though, try to keep temps below 70 degrees, which should be easy to do with a good cooler that's up to the task...

· Premium Member
7,493 Posts
The Thermalright Ultra 120 and the Black are the same, but one is black. Peronnel preference. So get one of those. Ditch that Zalman. Don't go any higher than what you are right now for temps.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have a question on calibrating realtemp. My ambient temperature is 21C and the chart says for my fan the cpu should be 8-9C over that at idle with the overclocking turned off. Does that mean I need to calibrate the temps to be about 30C at idle? If that's the case I'm now getting 62-59-60-60 for my max in P95.

· Registered
174 Posts
I say use CoreTemp. I have tried them all and its the only one I trust. I don't even like to see my Q6600 B3 go above 60C. I would suggest getting a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (or my personal favorite, the IFX-14). Also, use some IC Diamond thermal paste. Spread it thin with a razor blade on the processor. Maybe even lap the processor and/or the heat sink if you are up to it.

· Registered
20 Posts
Hey! I just built a similar system...well for the CPU at least. I havent gotten to overclocking, I am waiting for the Thermalright 120 Extreme to be ordered/delievered before I do.

Nice Pick on the HD's, the store miss ordered me the green TB drives instead and I spent about 5 minutes trying to tell the guy they werent the same before his boss came and fixed it all.

Good call on getting a new heatsink. Those zalman 9500 used to be amazing, but there is bigger and better out now.

Enjoy your build! check on mine this weekend, hopefully pics will be up with proper parts by then.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.