Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've oced my mx 4000 core from 250 to 305 and memory 450 to 470.Is that good?I test it with artifact tester and theres no artifacts and its a little warm.I'm using coolbits2 to overclock.It's also air cooled.Could I go higher?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silver_pioneer

I've oced my mx 4000 core from 250 to 305 and memory 450 to 470.Is that good?I test it with artifact tester and theres no artifacts and its a little warm.I'm using coolbits2 to overclock.It's also air cooled.Could I go higher?

Hmmm. That's a 22% GPU o/c and a 4.4% Mem o/c. I would say that there probably isn't much more headroom in your GPU o/c, but if you're not getting artifacts, there may be more potential to o/c your graphics memory. After all, a 4.4% o/c isn't very much, you should be able to obtain 8% at the least, which would translate to a memory speed of 486Mhz, although I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to hit 500MHz (11% o/c) or more on the memory. Nice GPU o/c though.

What ever you do, be careful with your overclocking. Only edge up the Frequencies slowly and always check for artifacts before moving more than 5-10Mhz upwards. If you do it slowly and carefully, overclocking can be good, but you always run the risk of damaging the hardware you o/c, so be careful!

Highly-Annoyed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts