Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overclocking C2D's is so easy compared to my FX-55. This is the result of 30 minutes of tinkering.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
What are you using for cooling?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thermaltake Big Typhoon lapped, heatsinked, and double-fanned.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Wow, great oc with that cooling! Your ambient temps must be fantastic.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Dam I didn't that that BT was that good lol just kidding. How was the lapping job when you got it? I meant to cover it to prevent tarnishing.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've gotten it to 4ghz but it was so unstable, it bsod'd right before i could open up paint.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was tarnished when i got it but other than that is was as smooth and shiny as my butt...... i take that back, its as smooth as my girlfriends butt.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stormlobster View Post
It was tarnished when i got it but other than that is was as smooth and shiny as my butt...... i take that back, its as smooth as my girlfriends butt.

grr
sorry about that, I forgot to cover the bottom, I realized it after the mail man took it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its cool dude, doesn't affect performance. Remember though, the only reason im not sitting at 4ghz is instability not heat.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

its cool dude, doesn't affect performance. Remember though, the only reason im not sitting at 4ghz is instability not heat.
I see you went with the Ballistix ram, and a DS3? Hows it working out for you?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AMAZING. the ballistix scoff at my attempts to push them and the ds3 is very easy to work with. The only thing that bugs me is the northbridge. It's pushing about 80 celsius! I'm gonna pick up a swiftech NB cooler.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Thermaltake Big Typhoon lapped, heatsinked, and double-fanned.
Any pictures?

BTW, how do you double-fan it? Put another fan under it?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

AMAZING. the ballistix scoff at my attempts to push them and the ds3 is very easy to work with. The only thing that bugs me is the northbridge. It's pushing about 80 celsius! I'm gonna pick up a swiftech NB cooler.
Good idea, I bet with that, you could almost hit your 4Ghz mark!

I think I ma gonna pick up the Firestix still seems like good ram, If not Ill grab the G skill or the OCZ or those.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a tt 120 attached to a 140mm aerocool. I can't take any pics right now, there aint a AA battery in my entire house! I might have to get rid of the 140mm just cuz it completely blocks my outtake fan.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quote:

when you hit 4.0Ghz, what voltage was the highest you tried?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:

How do you measure temp on the NB?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1.48625v i think for 4 ghz, its a huge jump!. I used a thermometer to measure the NB...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts