Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey Guys,

Been having strange things with the electricity here and not sure what the hell is going on. The first year I lived in this house I never had a problem running this computer at all. Now it seems that games are getting more demanding that my circuit breaker can't handle the load (guessing) . I uploaded these two pictures of a test I ran today with something odd that is going on. Am I missing something here? Is maybe my power supply causing these issues? Every time at about 36 secs in of this OCCT benchmark the CPU will ramp up to 100% but when it does this it absolutely kills the cards and brings them down to 50%. This problem is driving me insane. I don't know where to start with it... Also when the cpu goes wide open to 100% and the cards at 50 percent the lights begin to flicker etc.... I just bought a 1500va/wAVR sinewave UPS thinking that would help. It hasn't... Seems like its just getting worse. This is a newer house I am in too. Built in 2004.Maybe time for a new power supply or get an electrician? Or is it something I am completely missing?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was just solved today. Got sick of running just one card. ordered a corsair rm1000. No more light flicker! IT was the 850w. I think with my setup running for 2 years right on the line of good enough. It just got tired of doing it. Now I have headroom and no more problems at all!
thumb.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.