Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a X-Fi Platinum refurb from Monarch for $80, well it came today and it had no front panel. Well the card did not look like the Platinum so I ran the Autoupdate to check. ITS A FATAL1TY PRO!!!!!

pink

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,800 Posts
Its the same name with that kids name slapped on. No?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well difference is it would have the XRam on it. When I usually do an autoupdate it would of course say the name of the product i.e. Xtrememusic.

It also has the red "F" on the side and I dont think the Platinum has that, can anyone confirm?

pink

·
Old school
14,400 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pook

Its the same name with that kids name slapped on. No?

Agreed. Why is this guy such a hype? It's basically the same product but usually different looks.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I am pretty sure thats what the platinum is except with the panel. They both had the extra xram. So I guess it would detect it as a Fatality pro

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I dont care about his name, I care about the XRam. And I got it for cheaper then my Xtrememusic!

The Platinum does not have the Xram ony the Fatal1ty and the Elite Pro do.

pink

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
the Fatal1ty version has the XRam... but you still have no front panel...

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct no front panel was in the box. I emailed them about this so maybe they wills end it as it said nothing in the sale about no including it.

pink

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
fatlity pro? do you mean FPS?
http://creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=209

The fatality FPS is actually higher than the platinum. The platinum doesnt have XRAM.

The XRAM cards have a LED on the top of them. I believe the 2 cheaper versions do not.

Elite Pro(has XRAM)> Fatal1ty FPS(has XRAM)>Platinum(doesnt)>ExtremeMusic(doesnt)

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And mine has the LED F on it so I think I actually have the Fatal1ty here. I am going to look a litte futher into it. I am gonna read some reviews so see some detailed pics. I have not seen any solid reivews of the Platinum though?

I will take it out and snap some pics, maybe someone can confirm this with there own Fatal1ty card.

Also it did come in a Platinum box.

pink

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Then you have the FPS, which is a steal, even if you didnt get the faceplate!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102190

There is the one you should of got. It doesnt have the F led. Lucky.. the store must of messed up your order. I would keep the FPS though.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^As much as honesty is the best policy your damn right I am keeping it lol.

pink

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
lol thats right, for some reason I was thinking elite. Sorry. That is pretty cool though. hmm maybe when I get my extreme music back from rma it will be a Fatality one....

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I cut my finger bad removing it also, however the pics turned out crappy with the card on my desk vs the Xtrememusic.

This is great as I ordered 3 red Thunderblades also lol.

pink

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
Agreed. Why is this guy such a hype? It's basically the same product but usually different looks.

he kicks ass on quake 3 and isnt bad on cs:s
id like to 1v1 him somtime.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Awesome I was gonna get mine, but the shipping required a signature and I wasn't home so I'll have to wait till Monday.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts