Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
I have this game.. well my girl does and she has been playing it alot. It looks good but its not the best looking game i have seen. I think it looks fine eventhough its capped at 30fps. You can see fps drops at time but i just dont see anything amazing. Maybe im spoled by 4k res and 60fps.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Wow. That's definitely the best (the most realistic) I've ever seen, but I think we'll see much better graphics in PC gaming in the not-to-distant future.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
How is this in any way graphically better than FarCry 3 and 4?

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith View Post

I have this game.. well my girl does and she has been playing it alot. It looks good but its not the best looking game i have seen. I think it looks fine eventhough its capped at 30fps. You can see fps drops at time but i just dont see anything amazing. Maybe im spoled by 4k res and 60fps.
Its capped at 30 fps on the PS4???

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

Look at the mud. Looks like real mud.
Can you please give me a time frame in the video when this is most obvious? Thanks

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
You like mud physx? Well I do
tongue.gif

Play Off-Road Drive (steam) or look at Spintires
thumb.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post

How is this in any way graphically better than FarCry 3 and 4?
The graphics are very realistic (lighting, shadows, reflections, etc. etc. etc.) and all of it has extremely high detail.

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Yeah, I mean, it's pretty good mud, but as a whole it doesn't compare favorably to the heavy hitters Crysis 3, Witcher 3, Ryse, etc, or the newer PC games like UT4, Doom, and so on.

I don't see incredible detail in this video, I see good design. Otherwise it's relatively low-poly, there's some suspicious rock physics going on, and the post-processing is ok-ish. There is a limit to how realistic shadows can be, and that limit was achieved a while ago on PC. As for reflections, the aforementioned games all have SSR and all the modern reflection-related goodies, so yeah.. It's beautiful, no doubt, but nothing WOW JESUS worthy
smile.gif
Looks like a different Just Cause 3 to me
smile.gif

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingG14 View Post

I think the physics in this game is where we see something unprecedented.
In Crysis 1 I pushed a jeep off a cliff, it landed on its tires and they exploded due to the pressure.
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
The beauty of Uncharted graphics is just not pixels textures shadows etc... The surrounding, atmosphere and the art direction is simply great.

When you combine all together it surely is one of the best ifd not the best looking game at 1080p (for fair competition)

Again, I am not just talking about textures and shadows etc when talking about how a game looks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quote:

In Crysis 1 I pushed a jeep off a cliff, it landed on its tired and they exploded due to the pressure.
rolleyes.gif
What you stated might be an example of good physics AI than it is an actual physics effect. What I am trying to say here is that to me the physics in Uncharted are probably the most impressive in any game due to it's realistic simulation and impressive effects. Now some of them are not real physics, meaning they've been done to give the illusion of physics but that's understandable given the fact that it's running on a console that would otherwise would have struggled to run actual physics.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look at the this- most impressive.
I will have to buy a PS4 just to play this game, same as I bought a X360 to play Gears of War 2.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleBound View Post

Look at the mud. Looks like real mud.
you just want to buy a console (game) because the looks of the mud?
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Yeah, I mean, it's pretty good mud, but as a whole it doesn't compare favorably to the heavy hitters Crysis 3, Witcher 3, Ryse, etc, or the newer PC games like UT4, Doom, and so on.

I don't see incredible detail in this video, I see good design. Otherwise it's relatively low-poly, there's some suspicious rock physics going on, and the post-processing is ok-ish. There is a limit to how realistic shadows can be, and that limit was achieved a while ago on PC. As for reflections, the aforementioned games all have SSR and all the modern reflection-related goodies, so yeah.. It's beautiful, no doubt, but nothing WOW JESUS worthy
smile.gif
smile.gif
exactly

·
Banned
62 Posts
Quote:

smile.gif
smile.gif
As an owner of a high end rig and a ps4 i can see that you are clearly a hater........ Uncharted 4 is absolutely amazing to see in person "just got the game" and pretty much puts everything you mentioned here to shame.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

The beauty of Uncharted graphics is just not pixels textures shadows etc... The surrounding, atmosphere and the art direction is simply great.

When you combine all together it surely is one of the best ifd not the best looking game at 1080p (for fair competition)

Again, I am not just talking about textures and shadows etc when talking about how a game looks.
thumb.gif
This is foreign language to the elitist crowd who stops and stairs and every single pixel on the screen looking for flaws.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts