Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, these things are nuts. I recently got a 1TB Samsung 850 Pro and love it. Plenty of room for all my games plus OS (as I just recently moved my user data over to my primary side >.> ).

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Gee, was that an offer to buy me one?
wink.gif

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I really don't have that kind of money laying around, but it would be a good size ssd.
smile.gif

but if you would like to buy me one I would be happy.
rolleyes.gif

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When it is a gift it is not so pricey.
thumb.gif

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
My 250GB Corsair boot SSD is good enough for me. Sticking with my Hitachi 1TB HDD for data and my dual Intel 320's for games for now...

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

My 250GB Corsair boot SSD is good enough for me. Sticking with my Hitachi 1TB HDD for data and my dual Intel 320's for games for now...
yep I run a WD VelociRaptor 1tb for games, everything else is on 3 ssd's of 256gb and 120gb.
I like multiple drives in case 1 fails I don't lose important stuff in large amounts as they are all backed up on multiple external hdds

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
seriously no. for gaming, I rather drop all those money on the top CPU + 2 top GPUs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well I have the 840 EVO 1TB with only 25% left and I keep all my movies on a separate drive. It never ends. You just want more and more.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post

When it is a gift it is not so pricey.
thumb.gif
Was that a yes?

For my desktop, 128GB Sammy 840 Pro is big enough since I'm not a gamer. I could justify the cost of 500GB 840 EVOs for my notebooks but 1TB was just a wee bit too steep for me and I don't really need that much storage.

But, then again, since you're buying...

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like where this is going. >.>

Stalker.

·
PC Gamer
1,163 Posts
I have trouble justifying dropping 450+ on a ssd...i just keep adding cheap ssd's when I need them. My 256gb x2 raid-0 mx100's are stupid fast and just had to add one to the one i own and create a windows raid in less than a minute. I have 8+ modern blockbuster games on it and have 231gb's leftover. Next time I need space I will just add another.

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
I would like to replace my Corsair Force 3 250GB with a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo soon though. That would allow me to have everything I want on the system drive and use the Force 3 purely as a games drive and get rid of the old Intel 320's...

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:

I like where this is going. >.>

Stalker.
Well! If you don't want me stalking you, don't offer to give me SSDs.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait. who said I was offering you anything.
mad.gif

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:

Wait. who said I was offering you anything.
mad.gif
Why, you did.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
But what about all these NVMe, PCIe SSDs coming out?

SATA is is obsolete... Unless I find a 1TB drive on sale
biggrin.gif

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,262 Posts
agree however i cant afford one and besides im only using 80gb of space
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Not everyone can shell out $700 for a high capacity SSD especially the PRO version from Samsung, and honestly for gaming its a waste, as cheaper SSD's will do exactly the same thing, decrease loading times. Plus that money would be better spent on new GPU, new monitor or cpu/mobo combo for example.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts