Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my raptor in today and i was happy. I finally got my new system up and running but i am hearing weird grinding noises from the drive. I know this is not normal for 7200 drives, is this normal for this one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
grinding? i know my raptors are louder then my Samsung but grinding? im not sure what your talking about

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687
View Post

RMA it, that doesn't sound right

Both my raptors are noiseless

Should i call Western Digital or ZIPZOOMFLY?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grkgus
View Post

I just got my raptor in today and i was happy. I finally got my new system up and running but i am hearing weird grinding noises from the drive. I know this is not normal for 7200 drives, is this normal for this one?

Thanks

Yes mine are a bit noise.But I liked/lol.That's the speed of force.Na not really is just a bit.I really can't heard sometimes.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Should i call Western Digital or ZIPZOOMFLY?

If you just got it from ZZF, then call them for a replacement. I never have to return for a replacement from ZZF so i don't know how long it takes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687
View Post

If you just got it from ZZF, then call them for a replacement. I never have to return for a replacement from ZZF so i don't know how long it takes.

Thanks man. I will give them a call tomorrow. Im guessing they dont send you one first to make an image right?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Thanks man. I will give them a call tomorrow. Im guessing they dont send you one first to make an image right?

well thats why i RMA mine from Western Digital themselves. I selected the Advance RMA which require me to enter my CC number. They ship first, i ship back later (30 Days).

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687 View Post
well thats why i RMA mine from Western Digital themselves. I selected the Advance RMA which require me to enter my CC number. They ship first, i ship back later (30 Days).

Ill do that instead. There is no way i can wait. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Return Materials Authorization

·
Banned
134 Posts
faulty good can be returned kinda thing...thanks
wd send you one then you send the faulty one back after...does this cost?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine`s noiseless. The cooler on it is louder than the drive, and the cooler you can barely hear. RMA your WD.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i dunno guys, when I am doing stuff like virus scan or installing an OS my Raptor X will make a kind of grinding noise but its not like the sound a dying hard drive makes. Grinding isn't really the best word to describe the sound but it is the only word I can think of.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have RMA two drivers this is my third. They all make the same noise. You just have to live with it.

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I have RMA two drivers this is my third. They all make the same noise. You just have to live with it.

You have RMA'd 2 Raptors because of grinding noises?
Sounds to me like your mounting method, maybe a vibration you're hearing.
My Raptors may hum or whirr but never make grinding sounds.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts