Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am looking for a soundcard to fit my pci-e slot

i dont have pci-x or pci slots so my auzentech xplosion will not fit.

was wondering if this was a good option:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

i was wondering if a front panel will work too with this so i might as well pick it up also.

i game and listen to music and wanting to pair my klipsch 5.1 with these and maybe buy a set of turtle beaches later.

all suggestions and commets are welcome

·
Just another nerd
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
how about the Auzentech X-Fi Forte
http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_forte.php
and it can be fitted with the fatal1ty front panal
frankly i don't have the fatal1ty card but everybody saying that unlike the forte it`s drivers are not stable, and saying that you are interested in gaming the X-Fi cards are now the best gaming cards
even they are at the same price at 150$

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Asus Xonar Essence ST
Asus Xonar Essence STX
HT Omega Claro Plus
HT Omega Claro Halo
HT Omega Claro Halo XT (Claro Halo + XT attachment for 7.1)

Asus also has a 7.1 add on card for the Essence cards. They say it only works for the STX but I think it might work with the ST if it has the right connection.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HybridCore
View Post

Asus Xonar Essence ST
Asus Xonar Essence STX
HT Omega Claro Plus
HT Omega Claro Halo
HT Omega Claro Halo XT (Claro Halo + XT attachment for 7.1)

Asus also has a 7.1 add on card for the Essence cards. They say it only works for the STX but I think it might work with the ST if it has the right connection.

It's the other way around. The Xonar H6 expansion card is for the Essence ST. The Essence STX doesn't have the header for the H6, but it comes with virtual 7.1.

If you're going to game, any of the X-Fi Titanium cards are your best bet. If you're more into music, then the Xonar cards are generally better (Essence ST / STX).

The X-Fi Titanium HD is a great gaming and music card (so I've read), but it's only 2.1, unless you're using the S/PDIF and connecting the card via the S/PDIF to a receiver, and then attaching speakers to the receiver, which will give you 5.1, 6.1 (or 7.1 with 2 of the channels in mono).

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the question is. fr a 5.1 set of speakers. i will game and i will listen to a lot of music but the outputs are concerning me cause the 5.1 speakers have an green audio cord which is an input/output cord. is that suffice enough for the RCA inputs of the sound card.

sorry i'm not an audioholic so i wont be getting a reciever maybe in the super future

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still debating D2X and Fatality

i've heard people had problems with the d2x. nothing on fatality yet but i want to get the front control panel also.

thinking about getting the champion if one is laying around but you guys need to help me! and its hard finding the titanium HD.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i know my board has like 8 pci-e slots. hence my auzentech is a pci slot meaning i fail. so i am looking for one. but thanks for the links i was thinking about those too. i just need comparisons to look up. my uncle is going to kill me when he see's my 5.1 speakers LOL

BTW: anyone who is in cali they have a 60-80 MIR so get on it lasts till nxt thurs. heads up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts