1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Capitan
View Post

Don't get a motherboard that has a NF200 chipset.

is there any specific reason you say this.... you have nothing other then saying don't do it lol.....

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triscuit
View Post

is there any specific reason you say this.... you have nothing other then saying don't do it lol.....

From experience. I have two GTX 570's in SLI, I couldn't even play Portal it was so bad. Almost made me throw up.

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. Id be interested in the cons with the chipsets as well.
Not for arguing, because I'm curious. What problems with your sli ?
Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by danielwiley
View Post

Looks pretty good to me. Id be interested in the cons with the chipsets as well.
Not for arguing, because I'm curious. What problems with your sli ?
Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk

Here's an old thread I wrote in the Gigabyte forums a while back:
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.p...e;topic=5141.0

I returned the motherboard that had the NF200 chipset and got a full refund, luckily.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Capitan
View Post

I recommend a Z68 motherboard and not the P67 motherboard just because of SSD Caching. I really recommend it.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/i...&#entry1963198

but not everyone has a SSD and if someone is going to buy one they might as well get a 60GB drive or even 40GB and use it as a OS drive and then it will be faster then SSD cache + standard hard drive.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want a mATX. I want to be SET for IVY when it comes out. I honestly WILL not buy anything if i cannot go IVY in the future just because i want room to upgrade and be set for many many years. this honestly may be my LAST setup I get apart from changing little things. I have been disappointed with games, hardware (more that it's so damn expensive now and AMD is total crap IMHO)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am reading your post about the chipset now and thanks for linking WHY you are saying not to get it instead of just saying "because i said" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry for 3 posts in a row... anyways... so there is latency issues when running dual cards? i thought the point of that chipset was to run dual cards faster?! I will no support Asus.. you can recommend them all you want (as I used to and don't get me wrong they make AWESOME hardware but their support screwed me over). back on topic... since i am going to be looking at dual cards when i can that means the NF200 is a bad choice then? I will read more reviews on it and check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is actually the ram i meant to link.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231428
I may have to change it if i can but we will see what i decide on the motherboard. I don't really care about the SSD caching. i don't have an SSD and won't for a while. reading on the chipset more i am finding no other reviews about the latency but i am still looking at options for another mobo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts