To The Game
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My current system is,

7820x (stock)
1080 ti (stock)
32gb @ 3600 (stock)

I recently suffered from bluescreen crashes while gaming. General use has been fine but sometimes my computer refuses to turn on (once every month or two) without repeated attempts. Normally I'd swap out hardware and test things but I sold all of my spar hardware/pc's off last year. I'm thinking it could be a mobo or psu issue.

Since I lack the spare hardware to swap out parts I think I'm just going to take the opportunity to upgrade my system. My plans are,

10700k or 10900k (depending on availability)
RTX 3070 (when they come out)
850w psu, equivalent to my current Seasonic x850

Checking out best buys website I see they have the 10700k's in stock. Looking at their mobo selection I only see MSI. I'm generally an Asus mobo guy. Out of these three mobo, which would ya'll suggest. Coming off of Asus will I be unhappy with msi's bios?

MSI - MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS - $169
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-mpg-z490-gaming-plus-socket-lga1200-usb-c-gen2-intel-motherboard-with-led-lighting/6412364.p?skuId=6412364

MSI - MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI - $199
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-mpg-z490-gaming-edge-wifi-socket-lga1200-usb-c-gen1-intel-motherboard-with-led-lighting/6412362.p?skuId=6412362

MSI - MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI - $269
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-mpg-z490-gaming-carbon-wifi-socket-lga1200-usb-c-gen2-intel-motherboard/6412363.p?skuId=6412363

I don't really need wifi. Do these mobo have all core boost like asus normally does? Any input?

Thanks,

·
To The Game
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
To The Game
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you get an ACE or UNIFY where you shop? I think they are the MSI motherboards to get for Z490.

Here is the thread for said mobos:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-motherboards/1748968-msi-meg-z490-ace-unify-overclocking-club.html
Ok, thinking about it a little more, I guess I can do $399 for the mobo but I'll have to wait for the 10900k to come back in stock since I can't picture putting a 10700k into a $400 mobo.

Hopefully I don't have wait too long.

·

12,971 Posts
The UNIFY is awesome too, should be cheaper. Is that in stock where you shop? Way back when, a wise man told me never skimp on the mobo. I took it too heart and bought a Maxmius XII Hero for my son, only to run a 6 core 10400. Although I'm searching for another 10900k. If I find one, I'll pick between the one I have now and the new, put the one that doesn't overclock as good in my son's machine.

·
To The Game
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The UNIFY is awesome too, should be cheaper. Is that in stock where you shop? Way back when, a wise man told me never skimp on the mobo. I took it too heart and bought a Maxmius XII Hero for my son, only to run a 6 core 10400. Although I'm searching for another 10900k. If I find one, I'll pick between the one I have now and the new, put the one that doesn't overclock as good in my son's machine.
I'm shopping at Best buy since they have the 10700k in stock for $409 and have a reminder for the 10900k for $529. I also have a bb credit card which has really nice financing. I don't see the Unify in stock. Just the 3 mobo I linked and the Ace.

*10700k are now out of stock. Disappointing but at least I can't buy it out of desperation now.

·
To The Game
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just caught the MSI ace and a 10900k off Best Buy. Been checking on and off all day. Saw it pop up and had to back and forth to get it to accept the purchase.

Hopefully the order doesn't cancel.

·

12,971 Posts
Awesome congrats. Let the overclock gods smile upon you!

• Rep+
Reactions: Chargeit
1 - 9 of 9 Posts