Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my rig.

I started with a Raystorm EX 480. Great temps for CPU. Low 40's under load.
GPU's were 80's pushing 90 on load.

I decided to add all 3 GPU's to my loop.

Current temps have now flipped.

CPU is pushing 90 under load and GPU's are 60.

Two thoughts and I am not sure which is better.

1. Add an additional radiator to the loop, I am thing 240mm or 360mm by 30mm and adding it to the front of my 900D case where the 3 fans exist already.

2. Make a complete separate loop again using a 240/360 rad and d5 pump and cylinder resouvour for the CPU.

My own thought is just adding the additional rad should be enough.

Please provide your thoughts because I just don't know for sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker150 View Post

This is my rig.

I started with a Raystorm EX 480. Great temps for CPU. Low 40's under load.
GPU's were 80's pushing 90 on load.

I decided to add all 3 GPU's to my loop.

Current temps have now flipped.

CPU is pushing 90 under load and GPU's are 60.

Two thoughts and I am not sure which is better.

1. Add an additional radiator to the loop, I am thing 240mm or 360mm by 30mm and adding it to the front of my 900D case where the 3 fans exist already.

2. Make a complete separate loop again using a 240/360 rad and d5 pump and cylinder resouvour for the CPU.

My own thought is just adding the additional rad should be enough.

Please provide your thoughts because I just don't know for sure.

Thanks
JWalker,
A good rule of thumb is one 120 or 140 mm by 30mm or larger radiator section per liquid block that is in the loop. With a CPU and 3 GPU blocks you need at least the equivalent of a 480 or 560 by 30 mm radiator to properly cool these devices. How many radiator sections do you have and how thick are they?
Thanks,
rich!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker150 View Post

I have a single 480 by 30 and I just received a second.

I have decided to try 2 radiators and see what that does for me. if it does not meet my expectations then I will get another reservoir and pump and do 2 loops.
JWalker,
I would say that that radiator is border line. Let me know how the second radiator works.
Thanks,
rich!

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,206 Posts
I am guessing that you have the Raystorm 750 V4 pump, and not a D5 or DDC kit? If so, one of the issues you are having is the pump. The 750 V4 tends to have trouble coping with four blocks. If the added rad doesn't solve your issue, moving to a pump with high flow and head pressure will certainly help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Go dual loops. I usually say that's overkill and not necessary, but in your case it's absolutely what you should do imo.
JWalker,
I would also recommend a dual loop system. One with the CPUs and the other with the GPUs.
Thanks,
rich!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

I am guessing that you have the Raystorm 750 V4 pump, and not a D5 or DDC kit? If so, one of the issues you are having is the pump. The 750 V4 tends to have trouble coping with four blocks. If the added rad doesn't solve your issue, moving to a pump with high flow and head pressure will certainly help.
You would be mistaken. I have duel D5's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts